In the over-saturated laptop market, finding the right laptop for you can be a bit tricky, especially if you are on a budget and looking for a laptop that can serve you for all your college years. However, you should not be nervous, as there are some pretty fantastic laptops that are not expensive at all and that can easily last you for all your college projects, and some even for gaming. Now let’s get down to business, where we can review some powerful laptops for students on a tight budget. If you are looking for other News and reviews, make sure to check out other articles and subscribe to our e-mail.
Samsung Notebook 9 Pro
- Windows 10 Home; 8th Gen Intel® Core i7-8565U processor; 13.3" display; 8GB memory; 256GB solid state drive; fingerprint reader; touch screen; backlit keyboard; DVD/CD drive not included
The Samsung Notebook 9 Pro is a beautifully designed laptop with some serious power packed into it for a moderate price. The CPU is Intel Core I7; the graphics are dual Intel HD graphics 620 and the AMD Radeon (2GB DDR5) with two sizes of ram, 8GB and 16GB. The screen is 13 inches, but you can get one with a 15-inch screen, and the best part of the screen is that it’s a touchscreen. You can use your S-Pen to cut some of your work down by half on this laptop; the only problem is that it has speakers that are facing downward instead of upward.
Overall the laptop looks and feels terrific, and it can comfortably fit into any school bag and serve almost all the needs of any student, except maybe for the most demanding graphical designers, but even they should find a lot of useful things with the touchscreen.
Asus Chromebook Flip
- The flexible 360 Degree hinge and 12.5 inches full HD touchscreen lets you use the C302 in tablet or laptop mode
- Intel Core Processor with 64GB storage and 4GB RAM for fast and efficient performance with a bright backlit illuminated keyboard
- Extremely lightweight at 2.65 pounds with the protection of a sleek aluminum metal body
- Starts up in seconds and lasts all day, thanks to a long battery life rated upto 10 hours
- Make sure latest chrome version is upto date and is using the device in stable channel
The elegant tablet, which is also a laptop, has one of the best-looking screens on the market. However, it comes with a weaker component setup compared to the formerly reviewed laptop, but it’s also cheaper, so there is that. The specifications are CPU: Intel Core m3, Graphics Intel HD graphics with 4GB of ram, and the screen are 12.5 inches with a LED-backlit antiglare integrated screen.
The laptop screens elegance, but it has its shortcomings. However, the price is under a grand which should be accessible to almost any student that has a tight budget yet is looking for a laptop that can serve them for at least 2-3 years. Apple lovers can also find similarities in design on this laptop to the MacBook Pro but at a fraction of the price.
Microsoft Surface Pro
- The power of a laptop with the flexibility of a tablet, and every angle in between, with 13” touchscreen, iconic built-in Kickstand, and detachable Keyboard.
- Windows 11 brings your closer to what you love. Family, friends, obsessions, music, creations — Windows 11 is the one place for it all. With a fresh new feel and tools that make it easier to be efficient, it has what you need for whatever’s next.
- The first Surface Pro built on the Intel Evo platform. Do it all with the Intel Evo platform — performance, graphics, and battery life in a thin and light PC.
- The best pen experience on Pro with rechargeable Surface Slim Pen 2 and Surface Pro 8, for the natural feeling of pen on paper,(4) securely stored in Surface Pro Signature Keyboard.
- Type in comfort. Sleek and compact, Surface Signature Keyboard performs like a traditional laptop keyboard complete with a full function row and backlit keys.
This is the best of the best when it comes to a multifunctional laptop. The Microsoft Surface Pro is fitted with some serious bang under its hood, and it does not lack in the design department at all.
The specifications are CPU: 7th generation Intel Core m3, Graphics Intel HD graphics, and it can have 4GB of ram or 16GB of ram.
The screen is 12.3 inches, and it’s detachable that serves as a separate tablet at any given time. However, where this little laptop shines are in the design and functionality department. The rounded and refined edges make this laptop/tablet extremely easy to carry, and it’s also one of the lightest laptops on the market. The only thing that some students might not love about it is its keyboard, but we have to say that overall, we enjoyed using it.
Acer Aspire E15
- 8th Generation Intel Core i3 8130U Processor 2.2 GHz (Up to 3.2GHz)
- 15.6 inches Full HD (1920 x 1080) widescreen LED lit Display
- 6GB Dual Channel Memory, 1TB HDD and 8x DVD
- Up to 13.5 Hours of battery life
- Windows 10 Home. Operating System Architecture 64-bit
Here we come to the first laptop that is lacking in the design part, as we found this laptop more of a business issue than a fun and friendly kind. However, the specifications are definitely going to be above average for the needs of a standard student. The CPU is an 8th generation Intel Core i5, the graphics are Nvidia GeForce mx150, and the RAM is 8GB. The screen is 15.6 inches big, and it comes with an SSD storage of 256 GB.
You can notice the business part the moment you first lay your eyes on it. The design is rough and its sharp, and it seems there was no effort to make it pleasant to the touch once it’s closed. However, once you open it and start typing, the business part gets a definite shine on it. The keyboard is perfect for people that write a lot, and prolonged use of the laptop’s keyboard won’t tire you out. The computer is reliable, but you won’t be able to play video games on it; for that, we have saved our last review on this list.
Dell Inspiron 15 Gaming
- Powerful 7th-generation Intel Quad-Core i5-7300HQ 2. 50 GHz with Turbo Boost Technology up to 3. 50 GHz
- 8GB DDR4 2400MHz Memory, 1TB 5400 RPM hybrid hard drive with 8GB Cache
- Nvidia GeForce GTX 1050 with 4GB GDDR5, Optical Drive not included, backlit keyboard
- 15. 6-Inch full HD (1920 x 1080) Anti-Glare LED-Backlit Display with IPS technology, HDMI
- Windows 10 Home (64-bit), 2-in1 media card Reader and USB 3. 0, 802. 11AC Wireless LAN + Bluetooth 4. 2, Dual Band 2. 4&5 GHz
No student laptop list would be complete without a gaming laptop, as we all know students that work hard need to be able to play hard also. The Dell Inspiron 15 has a nice design, and its specifications are just what an average gamer needs. The CPU is an Intel Core i5 or an i7; the graphics card can go from an Nvidia GeForce GTX 1050 to an upgraded version of the GTX 1060.
The standard RAM for this laptop is 8 GB, but you can upgrade it up to a massive 16GB. The screen is 15.6 inches big, and it also comes with an anti-glare display making it possible to use this laptop even on the outside. When it comes to the design, It’s mostly black with some red here and there; as for the weight, it’s pretty light when you consider that it features a full desktop GPU inside.