A gaming mouse is a better version of a standard desktop mouse, loaded with some additional features and functions that make it suitable for the purpose of gaming and also for high-intensity programs. The additional features include higher DPI (dots per inch) or higher sensitivity, programmable buttons, adjustable weight, and lesser response time.
These additional features in a gaming mouse give it an edge above the standard desktop mouse and better performance even in complicated programs since they make for:
- Quick reactions of the user.
- Comfortable movements.
Technically speaking, a standard desktop mouse that you get with your PC can do everything that a gaming mouse does. But a gaming mouse is more accurate, precise, and faster in performing functions than its counterpart. You can expect better control and direction when compared to a standard optical mouse.
List of 10 Best Gaming Mouses under $50
The best gaming mouse can have different meanings for different users. Choosing the best gaming mouse will greatly depend on the following:
- The personal gaming style of the player
- The time spent using the gaming mouse
- Whether or not the player will use the advanced features and functions provided by the mouse
- The availability of the option of customization of the mouse
- Once you are clear about the selection criteria, we can help you with our list of the 10 best gaming mice under $50.
- 2000 DPI (3 speed gear 1000/1500/2000), Avago sensor
- 6 function buttons, ergonomic design, and nano USB receiver
- Durable smooth TEFLON feet pads and contoured body for ultimate gaming control.
- Smart power saving mode: any button will resume from intelligent sleep, excellent ability to run on most surfaces, comfortable, long lasting, buttons
- Supports Windows 10, 8, 7, Vista, XP or later operating system. Package contents: 2.4GHz Wireless gaming mouse and user manual
- DPI: 2000
- Weight: 6.4 ounces
This insanely low-priced gaming mouse from a brand like Redragon will keep you utterly surprised. The mouse uses wireless technology, which does not compromise its swiftness and smoothness at all. The strong wireless connection makes the wireless technology even more successful. The design is comfortable to use, with the buttons well placed and giving maximum ease to the palm even after long hours of use. M650 uses two AA batteries for operation that are inserted into its bottom. It can be connected to the PC with a USB dongle that is included with it.
Redragon M601 RGB Gaming Mouse
- WIRED GAMING MOUSE WITH SIDE BUTTONS; The Redragon M601 RGB “Centrophorus” is a durable gaming Mouse which delivers up to 7200 DPI (user adjustable 800/1200/1600/2400/7200 DPI) and 4000 FPS. The High-Precision Sensor delivers Pinpoint Accuracy while Micro Switches ensure longevity, greater durability and extreme responsiveness during PC Gaming or Computer editing work
- RGB BACKLIT PROGRAMMABLE PC GAMING MOUSE; with 11 Lighting Effects (Backlight can be disabled), 6 user programmable buttons, 2 Side Buttons, 3 Memory Profiles with Macro Recording, The Redragon M601 RGB Gaming Mouse offers you many personalization options for your Gaming Computer or Gaming Laptop
- ERGONOMIC GAMER MOUSE; Delivering an extremely comfortable and precise experience for Computer Games. The ergonomic shape of the Redragon M601 RGB Gaming Mouse offers comfort, fits naturally in your hand while the buttons are tuned to reduce click fatigue
- HIGH-END PC MMO GAMING MOUSE FEATURES; The Redragon M601 RGB Mouse features; Weight Tuning Set, Anti-Skid Scroll Wheel, Durable smooth TEFLON feet pads for ultimate gaming control. 6 programmable buttons. Total 7 buttons. Comes with 6 foot, 3mm strong high-speed braided fiber cable and a gold-plated corrosion free USB connector for a reliable connection
- PC GAMING MOUSE COMPATIBILITY: Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Vista, or Windows XP, Limited Mac OS support Works well with all major Gaming Computers Brands and Gaming Laptops.
- DPI: 2000-4000
- Weight: 5 Ounces
Another one from Redragon, the M601, is a comfortable and durable design that uses Omron switches for the purpose. It features a weight omicron that allows the user to customize the total weight of the mouse by adding or removing some as per the requirement. It has a total of 6 buttons, a braided cable, and an Avago sensor that performs pretty decently. Besides being comfortable and having a good quality design, it also has a strong backlight that adds to its beauty. The only drawback that one can associate with this is that even its minimum DPI setting is a little too high.
Logitech G600 MMO Gaming Mouse
- 20 MMO tuned buttons: Includes unique 12 button thumb panel designed for quick, no look navigation; The low friction polytetrafluoroethylene feet eliminate friction on nearly any surface for smoother motions, precise cursor movements and improved accuracy
- G shift ring finger button: Instantly double the number of actions you can perform with every button. PTFE Feet: 250-km range. Onboard memory: 1 profile
- Built for comfort: Sculpted shape and tuned buttons reduce click fatigue during marathon multiplayer sessions; G8 cycle modes
- Total personalization: Set it up your way with customizable thumb panel lighting colors, DPI levels or button assignments; Do not use a USB hub
- Made for PC gaming: Compatible with Windows Vista, Windows 7 and Windows 8
- DPI: 200-8200
- Weight: 12 Ounces
If you are looking for a dedicated MMO mouse that is super wide and comfortable to hold even for those never-ending gaming sessions, the Logitech G600 can well fit your criteria. The design features 12 programmable buttons towards the left side of the mouse, which is used to operate the macros and perform other complicated tasks as well. This, however, becomes its weak point as well. Users with large hands might find it difficult to operate these ill-placed buttons. The mouse has additional 8 buttons, which makes a total of 20 buttons in all. It is a reasonably priced mouse perfect for MMO.
Logitech G302 Daedalus Prime MOBA Gaming Mouse
- 6 programmable buttons
- On the fly DPI switching
- Metal spring left/right button tensioning system
- Cable length: 2.10 m, USB report rate: 1000 Hz (1ms)
- High Speed Clicking
- DPI: 4000
- Weight: 7.2 Ounces
The G302 Daedalus is a versatile mouse that you can use for a variety of gaming styles, contrary to the popular belief that it is suitable for MOBA only. The design of the mouse features 6 different programmable buttons, DPI switching that ranges from 240 to 4000 DPI, and a Delta Zeroes optical sensor. All in all, a great gaming mouse that you can get for under $50, apart from the fact that it has an inconvenient design for most of the users who find it too wide and uncomfortable.
Redragon M801 Gaming Mouse
- Wired Computer Gaming Mouse, The Redragon M801 offers up to 16000 user adjustable DPI and 35G acceleration. The High-Precision Sensor delivers Pinpoint Accuracy while Omron Micro Switches ensure longevity and extreme responsiveness during PC Gaming
- RGB LED Backlit Programmable Gaming Mouse; with 8 Light up Mouse Effects (Backlight can be disabled), 9 user programmable buttons, 2 Side Buttons, Rapid Fire Button, 5 Memory Profiles with Macro Recording
- Ergonomic PC Gamer Mouse; Delivering an extremely comfortable and precise experience for Computer Games on PCs or Laptops
- MMO Mouse features; 8-Piece (8 x 2.4gram) Weight Tuning Set, Anti-Skid Scroll Wheel, Durable smooth TEFLON feet pads. 9 programmable buttons. Comes with 6 foot, 3mm strong high-speed braided fiber cable and a gold-plated corrosion free USB connector
- PC Gaming Mouse Compatibility: Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Vista, or Windows XP, Limited Mac OS support Works well with all major Gaming Computers Brands and Gaming Laptops
- DPI: 1000-16400 DPI
- Weight: 10 Ounces
One of the cheapest yet among the best mice that are priced at less than $50, the mammoth M801 surprises you with its significant features at an insignificant cost. The model features a 16400 DPI Avago sensor, 10 programmable buttons, a weight adjustment system that lets you customize the weight, durable Omron switches, and RGB backlighting. There is no chance that you will find a competitive mouse at this price.
Redragon M901 Gaming Mouse
- Wired PC Gaming Mouse with up to 12400 DPI via software, 1000 Hz polling rate, 30G acceleration. The High-Precision Sensor delivers Pinpoint Accuracy while the Micro Switch ensure longevity, greater durability
- RGB Backlit Macro Programmable Gaming Mouse 19 programmable buttons 5 Memory Profiles each with distinct LED color option for quick identification. Comes with 8-piece weight tuning set (2.4g x8) and 8 different lighting modes
- Ergonomic Gamer Mouse; Ergonomic shape fits naturally in your hand, reduces stress with superior productivity and efficiency. Give an extremely gaming experience during sessions
- PC GAMING MOUSE FEATURES; 7 Mouse Buttons PLUS 12 MMO programmable side buttons. Total 20 buttons. Fire button, Pulsing Breathing light color modes. Durable smooth TEFLON feet pads for ultimate gaming control
- PC Gaming Mouse Compatibility: Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Vista, or Windows XP, Limited Mac OS keyboard support. Comes with 6 foot high-speed braided fibre cable and a gold-plated corrosion free USB connector for a reliable connection
- DPI: 16400
- Weight: 5.29 Ounces
A comfortable mouse to work with, the M901 Perdition comes with 18 programmable buttons that ease complicated operations, an unbelievable 16400 DPI laser sensor, and 8 piece weight tuning set that lets you customize the total weight of the mouse. Though a little large in size, it is rated as a comfortable mouse by users and has a rating of 4.5 stars on Amazon.
Razer Abyssus Optical PC Gaming Mouse
- 3500dpi Razer Precision 3.5G Infrared Sensor
- 3 Buttons Tuned For Ultra-Responsive Feedback3 Buttons Tuned For Ultra-Responsive Feedback
- Hardware Toggles for DPI and Polling Rate
- DPI: 3500
- Weight: –
This one comes from a company that is known for making some popular gaming equipment. Superior in sensitivity and responsiveness, it has a 3500 DPI optical sensor that will keep your reflexes on their toes. It has a rubber-textured surface and side grips that make for added comfort. With the Razer Abyssus in your hand, you will never have to complain about speed, precision, or comfort. It features inter-device communication and a personalized device setting.
Anker 8200 DPI High Precision Programmable Laser Gaming Mouse
- Adjustable DPI: switch between 800, 1600, 2400, 3200, 4800, and 6400 DPI using the built-in button to adjust your accuracy on the fly.
- Optimized for gaming: advanced button Tensioning and premium Omron Micro switches reduce the force needed to click, while a precision sensor reports the mouse's position 1000 times per second for a Lightning fast response.
- Rgb LED lights: customize the spectrum of 16 million+ colors to suit your mood.
- Game all day: ergonomic design with a cushioned finish offers exceptional comfort for your hand throughout a marathon Session.
- What you get: Anker Gaming mouse, user guide, our worry-free 18-month warranty, and friendly customer service.
- DPI: 8200
- Weight: 5 Ounces
You will be in control of your gaming world with this Anker mouse that promises superior precision with its 8200 DPI, 12000 FPS, and 1000 Hz polling rate. You can customize the mouse with its 9 programmable buttons and an 8-piece weight tuning set. It is designed aesthetically and is user-friendly. You can have a firm grip during the play with its contoured body and slip resistant-buttons.
Logitech G402 Hyperion Fury FPS Gaming Mouse
- Responsiveness:USB data format: 16 bits/axis USB report rate: 1000 Hz (1ms) Microprocessor: 32-bit
- Fusion Engine hybrid sensor,8 programmable buttons,On-the-fly DPI Switching,32-bit ARM processor,1 millisecond report,High-speed clicking,Full-speed USB
- 4 on-the-fly DPI settings,Tracking Resolution: 240-4000 dpi Max. acceleration: >16G* Max. speed: >500 ips*
- Glide:Dynamic coefficient of friction -: .09 µ (k)* Static coefficient of friction -: .14 µ (s)*
- Dimension and Weight: Height: 5.4 in (136 mm),Width: 2.8 in (72 mm),Depth: 1.6 in (41 mm) Weight: 5.1 oz (144 grams,mouse plus cable), 3.8 oz (108 grams,mouse without cable),Length Cable: 7 ft. ( 2.1 m)
- DPI: 4000
- Weight: 5.1 Ounces
A strategically designed mouse to give comfort even during long hours of gaming, the Logitech G402 is an excellent choice for FPS gamers. It is highly responsive to a response rate of 1000 Hz and has 4 different on the fly DPI settings. It features 8 programmable buttons that let the gamers perform the most complex strokes smoothly and intelligent software from Logitech to help configure the mouse.
Corsair M65 Pro RGB – FPS Gaming Mouse
- 12000 DPI high accuracy sensor: custom tuned, gaming grade sensor for pixel precise tracking
- Aircraft grade aluminum structure: light weight, durability, and optimal mass distribution
- Advanced weight tuning system: set the center of gravity to match your play style
- Surface calibration tuning utility: Optimizes sensor precision and responsiveness for your playing surface
- Optimized sniper button positioning: take advantage of on the fly DPI switching to instantly match mouse speed to game play demands.Harness the Power of CUE: don't just configure your mouse : program it with double macros, custom RGB lighting, and more.Eight strategically placed buttons: gain an advantage by customizing your button configuration and play your way.High capacity Omron switches rated for 20 million clicks: ensure reliable performance that holds up through even the longest campaigns
- DPI: 8200
- Weight: 11.2 Ounces
Beautiful and attractive to look at, this Corsair mouse features an 8200 DPI laser sensor that makes it smooth, quick, responsive, and precise in control. It has 8 programmable buttons that are high-capacity Omron switches. You can enjoy unlimited customization with this lightweight and well-designed mouse. It has a special ‘Sniper’ button that is programmable and was created specifically for FPS games. The body is made of aluminum, and the shape is part of an ergonomically designed layout. Together they make for a durable design that is comfortable to use even for long gaming hours.
Features to Look for in a Gaming Mouse
It is a technical world out there, so when you decide to buy the best gaming mouse under $50 for yourself, it is important to be well-versed with a few terms and features.
DPI or Dots per Inch
DPI is a measure of the sensitivity of the mouse. With this feature, the movement of the mouse is detected, and the cursor is programmed to move accordingly. While low DPI settings make for good control of the mouse, with a higher DPI, you can make faster movements without having to wear out your wrists with the movements.
You can consider the difference in the performance of a standard optical mouse and a gaming mouse by realizing the fact that an optical mouse functions at 800 DPI while a gaming mouse offers the options of DPI settings ranging from 100 to 8000. The DPI settings can be easily changed with a click of a button, even while you are on the go.
Another feature that is available in most high-end gaming mice is programmable buttons. With these buttons, it is easier and quicker to perform certain functions or actions that are known as macro. With a simple press of one of these buttons, you can easily substitute a series of keystrokes that are complex otherwise. This makes for comfortable and convenient gameplay.
Several manufacturers consider the left and right click buttons and the scroll wheel as programmable buttons only. In the case of ambidextrous mice, thumb buttons are provided on either side, which is also included in the programmable buttons.
As the name suggests, acceleration affects the speed of the mouse depending on how quickly you move it. The unit of acceleration is G force. One G equals 9.8 meters per second.
Option of Wired or Wireless
Just like the standard optical mouse, gaming mice are also available in the options of wired and wireless. While earlier, the wireless ones were not too helpful, with the advancement in technology, even these have resulted in better performance and customer satisfaction.
Polling rate or response time
The response time of a mouse refers to the time taken by it to receive an input and report one back. The higher the response rate of a mouse, the more responsive it is. With the reduced time in this transmission, the cursor gives a smoother and more precise feel to the user on the screen. The unit used to measure the polling rate of a mouse is Hertz (Hz). While a standard desktop mouse reports a polling rate of 125 Hz, a gamer can need a polling rate that is anywhere from 250 to 1000 Hz.
While there is a constant debate about Laser Vs. Optic sensors, the laser seems to be winning most of them since they are accurate, faster, and much smoother than their counterpart. While it is very common to find laser sensors in most mice today, there are still some loyal fans of optic sensors as well.
The weight of a mouse can be very important to a gamer since they want swift movements to be able to enjoy their game. While some are comfortable with traditional, heavy ones, there are others who swear by the light weight of the mouse. To put an end to this dilemma, many manufacturers have introduced some weights that can be easily inserted into the mouse to customize them as per their suitability.
Design and Comfort
To be really comfortable using the mouse, it is extremely important to have the right size and shape of it, which is incorporated in the design of the mouse. While the mice today are an example of outstanding human engineering and promise maximum comfort, the definition of comfort can vary from person to person. It is a wise decision to try various shapes and sizes before you choose one for yourself and spend hours using it.
The two basic characteristics of a good gaming mouse are comfort and customization. While every gamer looks for a comfortable mouse to play with, the comfort itself comes from customizing the mouse as per their individual needs.
The manufacturers today have taken customization of the mouse to a completely new level. To attain maximum comfort, they can be customized physically. While the removable weights in the mouse allow you to adjust its total weight, there are other models where you can adjust the center of balance and the height of the palm rest.
After receiving education from the prestigious Shenzhen University, I established a successful career at China Motion Telecom before making waves in 2006 with my own enterprise, Avexir Technologies. For ten years now, this technology behemoth has been providing cutting-edge RAMs and computing systems to both domestic and international markets alike – soaring through countless milestones along the way.