Computer speakers are mainly used for two things: music and gaming. It has always been a top priority for many computer or laptop users to have a good sound speaker or headphones. Computer speakers are best for those who don’t want to use headphones to listen to music or other stuff.
Most computer speakers contain an internal amplifier and require a power source via a USB port, batteries, or an AC adaptor. Most computers have low-powered built-in speakers that produce a low-quality sound, but external speakers are good to have and, when connected, produce a loud and good-quality sound.
They range widely in terms of quality, features, and price. Some contain equalization features like treble and bass controls. And some are equipped with subwoofer units for bass output enhancement.
So, if your computer system has a basic built-in speaker and you want to enhance the sound quality to enjoy music and gaming up to the full extent, then you should go for external speakers. But which of the speakers are best and have a moderate price, and what things should a buyer check before buying one? We are going to cover all these things in this article.
We are going to provide you with a list of the 10 best computer speakers under $100 and will also guide you on what things you should focus on to buy the best computer speaker for personal usage.
Best Computer Speakers Under 100 Reviews
Bose Companion 2 Series III Multimedia Speakers
- High quality audio performance, with clear sound at any volume. Use the auxiliary input to bring Bose performance to another audio source such as your iPhone or iPad. Upgrade your sound and your experience with Bose Companion 2 Series III speakers
- Play an additional device just connect to the auxiliary input
- Volume controlheadphone jack on front of the right speaker
- Operating compatibility: Mac, Windows XP
If you are looking to feel the music, games, and videos, then this speaker is the perfect choice for you. It gives a high-quality audio performance at any volume with crystal clear sound. They are one of the best speakers under $100 as they are space-effective and produce excellent quality sound.
The speakers are 7.5-inch tall and connect with computers via 4-feet wire. The right speaker has a headphone jack along with a volume knob at the front. On the back side, you will find two 3.5 mm ports. One serves as an input port to support portable playback devices, and the other port is for connecting with a PC.
These desktop speakers have no subwoofer but have the full-bodied sound that only a subwoofer can produce. There is a problem of minimal distortion, but only at very higher volume levels. Another best thing about these speakers is that there is a perfect balance between bass and treble. Also, the highs are much more polished, and the midrange is clear.
- Compact design
- Crystal clear and smooth sound
- Perfect balance between bass and treble.
- Has a headphone jack
- Less importance is given to midrange.
Edifier Exclaim Bi-Amped 2.0 Speaker System (e10)
- High performance integrated 2.0 speaker system with unique design incorporating straight lines and smooth curves
- Each upper section of the speaker contains two 1½ inch midrange/ tweeters, and a 1½ inch x 3 inch passive radiator
- Each base section of the speaker contains a 3 inch woofer and a 3 inch passive bass radiator for maximum deep bass effect
- 3.5mm auxiliary input for audio connectivity
- Volume adjustment and power/standby control buttons
Another best computer speaker that gives detailed and clear sound at a cheaper rate is the Edifier Exclaim Bi-Amped 2.0 speaker. One of the best things about these speakers is their stylish design, but the speakers are 12 inches tall, so you have to find the right place to place them near your PC.
It is a complete bi-amped 2.0 speaker system with an excellent combination of curves and geometric shapes. Each speaker has its own internal amplifier and a midrange and high driver. The right speaker is equipped with three buttons for volume and power navigation.
There is no subwoofer, but a 3-inch active woofer, along with a passive radiator on each speaker, fulfills the need for a subwoofer.
The sound clarity of these speakers is amazing, and they have a very punchy bass. They deliver excellent tonal balance, minimal level distortion, and active crossover frequencies due to full integral DSP and DRC. The midrange is a little bit muddied in the Bose Companion 2 Series III speakers, but in these speakers, there is no such thing.
- Unique design
- Punchy bass
- Each speaker is equipped with its own internal amplifier.
- Bigger in size
Creative Inspire T12 2.0 Multimedia Speaker System with Bass Flex Technology
No products found.
If you are a music lover then this T12 2.0 speaker system is the ideal choice for you. For a mid-size room, these speakers are perfect and produce loud enough sound.
They are only 7 inches tall, and both the speakers contain a woofer and a tweeter. The audio sound first hits the walls behind the speaker and then reflects off because the woofer is on the back side while the tweeter is on the front side of the speaker.
The right speaker is equipped with a volume knob along with a headphone jack and 3.5mm auxiliary input at the front. The back side of the speaker has a power cord connection and an extra port for your playback devices.
The audio of these speakers is loud, clear, and balanced and reaches up to the ears as they are angled back. The reflective surfaces on the back side of the speakers make the audio flows inside the room.
- Easy to setup
- Loud and balanced audio
- Both the wireless and wired models are available.
- At high volume levels, they produce distortion.
Logitech Z333 2.1 Speakers
- 80 WATTS OF BOLD SOUND -80 Watts Peak/40 Watts RMS power delivers maximum loudness via two satellite speakers and a large subwoofer. Enjoy rich, clear, bold sound. (Small driver (tweeter) on satellite speakers is decorative and non-operational)
- STRONG BASS - The front-facing subwoofer produces rich bass, adding another dimension to your videos, games and music. Experience strong bass you can hear and feel.
- VERSATILE SETUP – Connect up to two compatible devices via the 3.5 millimeter and RCA inputs. No need to disconnect when switching between audio sources.
- SIMPLE CONTROLS - Easily access power, volume and the headphone jack using the wired control pod. Adjust the bass level with the dedicated control knob on the back of the subwoofer.
- Headphone jack - Listen to your music privately via the headphone jack located on the front of the right speaker.
Logitech is one of the most trusted brands in computer accessories. So, you can easily rely on them. It is actually a 3-piece set speaker that includes a subwoofer and two satellite speakers. The height of the sub is 9.5 inches, and the satellite speakers are 7.5 inches tall. The fourth thing that comes along with these speakers is the wired control pod with a headphone jack and a volume knob.
Each satellite speaker is equipped with both a tweeter and woofer. The sub is the center of attraction that has RCA and 3.5mm input ports on the backside. You can connect multiple devices with the sub, such as video game consoles, smartphones, computers, and others. Also, the sub has a bass knob at the backside.
These Logitech speakers produce balanced and detailed audio sound. The sub produces more bass, but it is ideal for keeping the bass volume knob at the neutral position. The midrange is clear, and the highs are smooth. There is no buzzing sound at all, and 40W RMS is the complete power handling capacity.
- Excellent bass
- RCA and 3.5mm ports
- Balanced audio sound
- Mid-size satellite speaker
- Needs improved quality control
Creative Labs 51MF1610AA002 GigaWorks T20 Series II 2.0 Multimedia Speaker System with BasXPort Technology
- Precision-tuned two way speaker design with 28 watts RMS
- Woven glass fiber cone driver
- Cloth dome tweeter and BasXPort technology eliminating the need for a subwoofer
- Convenient front access to volume, bass, treble and input jacks. Works with computers, TVs and other audio sources.
- Turn up the volume on your connected MP3 player or smart device as high as it can go without distortion setting in, and use the volume controls on your Creative speaker to determine how loud (or soft) you want your audio
If you are a music or game lover, then these GigaWorks T20 Series II 2.0 speakers are the ideal choice for you. These speakers allow you to go deep into your movies, music, and games and get the most from them. The audio sound is so much rich and complete that it will take you to another world.
These speakers don’t have a subwoofer, and there is no need as the BasXPort Technology is responsible for improving the low-frequency response. The right speaker has three knobs for bass, treble, and main volume. At the front side, there is a 3.5mm auxiliary port and headphone jack. And at the back, you will find an RCA connection port.
These speakers produce distortion-free audio even at higher volume levels. The audio response is not as great as 2.1 systems but good enough to make you feel good. It can even handle complex tracks with ease. The highs are smooth, the bass is punchy, and the treble is clear and detailed.
- BasXPort technology
- Balanced audio sound
- Smooth highs and punchy bass
- Appealing design
- Wires are short
Logitech Speaker System Z523 with Subwoofer
No products found.
This Z523 speaker with subwoofer is really a high-performance speaker that pumps out the room-filling 360-degree sound. These speakers will surely enhance your listening experience as the audio projects evenly in all directions of the room.
This computer speaker is also a 3-piece set that involves a sub and 2 satellite speakers. All the cable connections are there in the subwoofer at the back end, along with a speaker port. The headphone jack and 3.5mm port are on one side of the right speaker. Also, bass and volume level knobs are part of the right satellite speaker.
The Z523 speakers give a 40W RMS audio output. The sound of the speakers is loud and moves at a 360-degree angle. The bass response is mind-blowing, and the midrange is appropriate, but the treble is a little bit brighter than normal.
- It is a lightweight speaker
- Allows sound to move at a 360-degree angle.
- Consists of a subwoofer with a passive radiator.
- The Treble sounds a little bit bright
Satechi Dual Sonic Speaker 2.0 Channel Computer Speakers
Another uniquely designed computer speaker that produces loud enough sound is the Satechi Dual Sonic 2.0 speaker. These speakers are equipped with LED strips at the bottom to show their power status.
They are different in terms of connection from what we have seen in the mentioned above. A 2.5 feet cord is used to connect both speakers. It is basically a USB-powered speaker that uses the power of the same device it plays from.
The Satechi dual sonic speakers produce crystal-clear and smooth sound due to the Acoustic Air Spring technology. Each speaker has a 1.5W driver and produces an adequate amount of detailed sound. The highs and midrange are good enough. The bass is also as good as others.
- The design of the speakers is extremely elegant.
- Easy to setup
- Fewer buttons and ports
- Appropriate audio sound
- There is no headphone output
- Independent 3.5mm cable for audio
Altec Lansing BXR 1221 2.1 Speaker System
No products found.
This BXR 1221 speaker is also a 3-piece system that comes with a subwoofer and 2 satellite speakers. It uses an audio alignment technology for great audio balance and accuracy. The subwoofer is 7.3 inches tall, and the satellite speakers are only 3.7 inches in height.
All the components of the speaker work in combination to provide the listeners with great quality and balanced audio sound. The electronics, enclosure, and drivers of the system are so much perfectly balanced that they provide extreme-quality stereo sound.
The speakers produce distortion-free audio even at higher volume levels. They have a punchy bass, and the midrange and highs are much more refined.
The right speaker is equipped with a volume and power button on the side, and the bass volume knob is on the backside.
- Easy to setup
- Audio alignment technology for great accuracy and balance.
- Compact design
- High-quality audio sound
- No headphone jack is available
Cyber Acoustics CA-3602FFP 2.1 Speaker Sound System
No products found.
Another good quality computer speaker that can produce loud and smooth sounds is the Cyber Acoustics CA-3602FFP 2.1 speaker. It is also a 3-piece system that comes with a subwoofer and 2 satellite speakers along with a control pod.
The subwoofer is equipped with a 5.25-inch side-firing driver and a passive radiator. And for better quality sound, the cabinet is created with wood. The 2 satellite speakers are also equipped with 2-inch drivers and are angled in an upward direction so that the sound reaches directly to the ears of the listeners.
The control pod is very useful and has a power button, bass volume wheel, a headphone jack, and a 3.5mm auxiliary jack.
In terms of audio quality, the 18W subwoofer and a complete 30W power system produce a good amount of bass and loud sound. The highs and midrange are clear, and there is no distortion at higher volume levels. But the low bass frequencies are not very clear.
- Balanced and loud audio response
- Beautifully designed sound system
- Control pad for easy handling
- Lower bass frequencies are not much cleared.
Logitech Multimedia 2.1 Speakers Z213
- Down-firing subwoofer with adjustable bass control knob: Turn up the bass to add a deeper, richer low end to your music, movies and games
- 14W peak power (7W RMS): Enjoy all your audio entertainment in loud, clear stereo sound. volume and the headphone jack using the wired control pod
- Convenient handheld control pod: Easily power on the speakers, adjust volume and plug in your headset for private listening
- Compact satellite speakers: Inclined design directs great sound to your ears without sacrificing valuable desk space. Satellites: 2 x 1.5W
- Plug-and-play setup: Simple wired connection to audio devices with 3.5mm output (Windows and Mac computers, smartphones, tablets, MP3 players)
Another 3-piece computer speaker with a down-firing subwoofer and 2 powerful satellite speakers along with a control pod is the Logitech Z213 multimedia speaker. If you are looking for a compact design speaker with full and deep bass, then this speaker is the ideal choice for you.
The sub is down-firing and has a bass control knob to adjust accordingly. The two compact satellite speakers are angled in an upward direction to make sure the sound hits your ears first and is clear. And the control pod has a power button, volume button, and a headphone jack to go private anytime.
The audio sound produced by the sub and speakers is deep and rich. The bass is very good, but the midrange is much better. The highs are not up to the mark, and there is less balance between treble and bass.
- Good compact design
- Deep bass with much better midrange
- Down-firing subwoofer
- Muted highs
Computer Speakers – Buyer’s Guide
If the built-in computer speakers are not sufficient for you, then you should go for the external speakers. But before purchasing any speaker, there are many things that are required to consider. There are many users who just focus on the price of the speakers instead of focusing on the space availability and other features. Yes, price is equally important, but there are many other things that you should look for.
What do you want from your speakers?
First of all, it is essential to understand your needs. If you are looking to buy a computer speaker for your home, then the first thing that should come to your mind is the space. If there is more space available, then you can go for the 2.1 speaker system so that you have a subwoofer along with 2 satellite speakers. But if there is less space, then either you should go for the 2.0 speaker system or to arrange a good enough space to place the 2.1 speaker system.
The second thing is what you want from your speakers. If you want to just play music then you should go for those speakers that have subwoofers so that you can enjoy music or movies up to the full extent. If your aim is just to have a good sound system so that you can play games or watch videos, then you can go for the good 2.0 speaker system.
Other things to focus on before purchasing one
The most common things that everyone should focus on before buying computer speakers include audio input interfaces, volume and bass control knobs, appropriate and suitable design, and Bluetooth connectivity.
If you need to connect multiple devices with the speakers then you should focus on those speakers that have more ports and inputs. Appropriate and suitable design is a must. Bluetooth connectivity is also essential so that you can play music or anything wirelessly from your phone. Also, there should be a control pad with bass and volume control options.
Other than this, it is necessary to go through consumer reviews before buying your product. Not always do these consumer reviews help, but it is good to go through what others are saying about the product you want to buy.
Second, focus on your budget and then try to buy a good piece within your range. It is equally important not to focus on buying expensive speakers. Because many times expensive speakers don’t work according to the expectations and ratings. So, it is better to go with mid-range speakers like we have discussed above that come under $100.
Your speaker must be compatible with other devices as well, including your PC. Sometimes you need to play music from your phone, tablet, or even from television. So, it will be ideal to have a speaker that is compatible with other devices.
Portability and adaptability
Portability and adaptability are also something that you should focus on before buying computer speakers. It is essential to focus on these things as you may need to change your house in the upcoming years.
Not every time the accessories work in favor, but sometimes other accessories, including a remote control, meet the needs.
Your computer speaker should be versatile so that you can enjoy everything with your speakers. No matter whether it is a game, a movie, music, or a video, it should play all according to their requirements.
Always test your product before buying
It is recommended to test the speaker system before buying so that you can get an idea about how the highs, midrange, and bass will perform.