If you are a loyal fan of FPS (first person shooter) and RTS (real time strategy) video games, you will swear by the importance of having a right gaming mouse for them. While the definition of ‘right’ always varies from person to person, it sincerely does when we are talking about having the ‘right gaming mouse’! While there are a plethora of gaming mice with different features, what is right for you will depend greatly on your personal preferences like:
- What is your preferred shape of the mouse?
- What is your preferred size of the mouse?
- Do you prefer having a light mouse that is easy to handle or a heavy one to give you the right grip?
Whether it is an FPS, RTS, MMO or any video game under the sun, three things that will definitely matter your stand in the game are:
- Grip of the mouse
- Checking on the DPI of the mouse:
The DPI of a mouse generally relates to its sensitivity and the sensitivity of the mouse is responsible for its quick movement across the screen. Talking about having the right DPI, 800 to 2000 is good enough to give you satisfactory results, while beyond this, it might affect your accuracy as well.
While DPI is an important consideration when buying a gaming mouse, do not follow the suite blindly. Having a comfortable grip on the mouse is as important as having the right DPI for your mouse. Since more and more manufacturers are releasing a mouse with high DPI settings in the market, getting the right one might not be a difficult task at all.
- Choosing Optical or Laser gaming mouse:
A laser gaming mouse is a fun weapon to use that is loaded with features and is available in great shapes. Still, a laser mouse is not as accurate as the optical one. The clear reason for this disadvantage is that the mice with laser sensors are equipped with in-built acceleration that cannot be modified to one’s choice.
While a mouse with a laser sensor will give you a choice of grips (claw style, fingertip, and palm grip), an option of adjusting its weight, or even a multi function wheel that is friendly to use and highly durable but still it is not a good choice when you are playing competitively. When playing competitively, you prioritize precision and accuracy, something your optical mouse will assure you.
List of 5 Best FPS and RTS Gaming Mouse Reviews
All said and done, we give you a list of gaming mice that are considered as the best FPS and RTS gaming mouse.
Razer DeathAdder Chroma – Multi-Color Ergonomic Gaming Mouse
- Ergonomic right-handed design with textured rubber side grips
- 10 000 dpi optical sensor
- Chroma lighting with a wide range of customizable colors
- On the fly sensitivity adjustments
- Always-on mode
- DPI: 10000
- USP: Comfortable Grip
The Razer DeathAdder Chroma gives gamers what they desire the most a comfortable grip! The most ergonomically designed model, it promises one of the most comfortable gaming experiences, especially when having a nail-biting battle with competitors. It features a 10000 DPI sensor that allows for 50g acceleration and a speed of 200 inches per second of mouse movement. The optical sensor of the mouse makes it highly fluid and accurate on the screen making for swift movements. It is available in 16.8 million color options that are customizable.
Mionix Castor Ergonomic Optical RGB Gaming Mouse
- Premium 6 button multi-color optical right-handed ergonomic gaming mouse. The unique award winning shape and has been developed to be used by right-handed gamers and to equally support palm, claw and fingertip grip style. The mouse has a dedicated pinky- and ring-finger support-groove which makes it most comfortable to hold and lift even for low sensitivity FPS play styles.
- The mouse has a dedicated pinky- and ring-finger support-groove which makes it most comfortable to hold and lift in RTS Game like LOL, DoTA further it suits low sensitivity FPS play styles in game like CS:GO, Overwatch, Battlefield, Quake.
- Mionix RGB multi color lighting with 16.8 million customizable color options whether you're in the mood for ice cream blue, frosting pink, or french fries yellow, you can now illuminate your Castor scroll wheel and Mionix logo just the way you want
- The Castor uses a PMW-3310 gaming grade optical sensor which has no positive or negative hardware acceleration set at native 5000 DPI.
- Whether you are gaming at high or low sensitivity, the Castor will always respond onscreen with razor sharp accuracy and the natural fluidity only possible with our phenomenal MAC and PC software.
- DPI: 10000
- USP: Strategic design that supports three different grip styles
The Castor from Mionix has 6 different programmable buttons that can be assigned to any macro, keystroke, or mouse command. A very strategically designed, it can be used by right-handed gamers who might have any kind of grip-fingertip, claw, or palm. A dedicated groove space for the little and the ring finger make it very easy to lift, hold or operate the mouse. The gamers can personalize them from around 16.8 million options of colors and attractive lighting effects.
Logitech G403 Prodigy RGB Gaming Mouse
- Logitech G403 mouse for advanced gaming grade accuracy and performance
- Ergonomic, lightweight design with rubber side grips and a removable 10 gram weight for supremely comfortable grip and control
- Logitech’s most advanced optical sensor delivers unbeatable fps mouse accuracy and more
- Customize lighting from a palette of 16.8 million colors to match your style and gaming gear
- Six programmable buttons and onboard memory make it easy to setup and store custom commands for your favorite games
- DPI: up to 12000 DPI
- USP: Unbeatable accuracy
Use this Prodigy series from Logitech to experience the unbeatable accuracy and preciseness that one requires in advanced gaming. It has an ergonomic design with the option of adjusting weights, and the rubber grips on the sides make it highly comfortable to hold and operate. It has 6 programmable buttons that make it easier to perform complex functions and an onboard memory that lets you save your custom commands for your favorite games that you play often. The user can also customize the lighting to match their personal style or gear from among 16.8 million colors.
Zowie EC2 Ergonomic Gaming Mouse
- Made for Professional Esports Gamers: The EC series is the result of extensive ergonomics research and collaboration with top esports players. Each feature was chosen to increase comfort and reliability for ideal competitive performance
- Made to Fit Your Hand: Choose from two sizes to ensure a perfect fit, no matter your hand size
- Designed for Competiton: The EC2’s cable is made from flexible rubber to help protect against inner wire damage when traveling to competitions. The extended 6.6ft length allows freedom of movement without the added input latency caused by wireless mice
- Optimized for FPS Games: 3360 optical sensor with 4 levels of adjustable DPI (400/800/1600/3200) provides reliable and customizable gaming performance without any additional software
- Customized Esports Performance: Driverless adjustable report rate (125/500/1000Hz) allows you to fine-tune the mouse to your preferred setting
- DPI: ranges from 400 to 3200
- USP: It does not require a driver, direct plug and play
The Avago A3310 optical sensor in the mouse is a favorite of several gamers alike. The shape and size of the mouse make it fit for any kind of grip-palm, claw, or fingertip grip. Very thoughtful decision, the mouse is available in two different sizes the EC2-A for hands that are small or medium in size and EC1-A for large hands. Both EC2 and EC1 are very light in weight at 95g and 98g respectively. The DPI or dots per inch range from 400 to 3200. It has 5 programmable buttons and a lift-off distance that is just perfect at 1.5-1.8 mm.
Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum RGB Tunable Gaming Mouse
- Old version of G502 with optical gaming sensor (PMW3366)
- Cable Length 6 feet or 1.83 meters
- DPI: 200 to 12,000
- USP: features an advanced optical sensor
The G502 uses one of the advanced optical sensors from Logitech, PMW3366. This can virtually translate the movements of hands on the screen and is highly responsive. The controls can be customized with its 11 different programmable buttons and adjustable wheels for swifter and more accurate movements. The weight and the balance can be adjusted with its 3.6g repositionable weights to get that perfect fit and feel. The DPI settings are possible on the fly ranging from 200 to 12,000.
These were our top picks for the Best FPS and RTS Gaming Mouse. All of the products mentioned in this list are great and you can select one according to your needs and budget. If you have any sort of doubts or queries then feel free to leave them in the comments section below. Stay tuned to our blog for more such informative articles, reviews and updates.
After receiving education from the prestigious Shenzhen University, I established a successful career at China Motion Telecom before making waves in 2006 with my own enterprise, Avexir Technologies. For ten years now, this technology behemoth has been providing cutting-edge RAMs and computing systems to both domestic and international markets alike – soaring through countless milestones along the way.