Twitch is the biggest live-streaming platform on the internet. It’s especially important for people who stream video games, and have a huge number of followers.
Twitch hosting is a great way to support your favorite streamers or to help another fellow streamer who may be struggling. You can also squad stream on Twitch to play together with your friends.
Twitch Hosting – What is it?
The hosting feature on Twitch lets you stream other streamers on your channel. This guarantees that your followers can see the other streamers’ streams without leaving your channel.
Twitch hosting is a good way to assure that your fans can enjoy something in the absence of your content. It’s also a great process for promoting other streamers.
Now let’s talk about how to actually host someone on Twitch.
Twitch Hosting – How to do it?
It’s relatively simple to host someone on Twitch. There are mainly two ways to start hosting. You can do it manually, or you can do it automatically by setting up an auto-host list.
Manual Twitch Hosting on PC/Laptop
It’s very easy to use, just follow the steps below and you’ll be hosting other channels in no time.
1. Open your favorite browser and type https://www.twitch.tv on the browser to go to Twitch.
2. Log in to your account if you already have an account, or if you don’t have an account create one using the Signup option.
3. After you have successfully logged in, go to the upper-right corner and click on your display picture.
4. In the drop-down menu click on “Channel”.
5. After that, you’ll reach your Channel, and on the right side of the screen, you will see a chat section.
6. In the chat section, click on “Send a message”.
7. Then, type “/host” without quotation, and write the username that you want to host. For example, if I wanted to host Capcom, a gaming company on my channel. I would write on the chat option, “/host CapcomFighters” and press enter.
8. You can change your hosted channel three times every half hour.
A very important thing that you need to keep in mind is that you must write the usernames correctly because Twitch doesn’t have autofill like other social media platforms. If you don’t write the usernames correctly, you will not be able to host anyone.
Now, if you want to stop hosting, simply type in the chat option “/un host” without a quotation.
Auto Twitch Hosting
It’s also very simple like manual hosting. This feature will let you host other channels as soon as you are offline. So, simply follow the steps below, and you’ll be able to auto-host on Twitch.
- Log in to your Twitch channel and click on your display picture that’s in the top-right corner.
2. After that a menu will open, and on that menu find “Settings” and click on it.
3. Then, you’ll be transported to the settings page, and on that page, click on “Channel and Videos”.
4. You will need to scroll down until you discover “Auto Hosting”. Then, click on the “Auto host channels” option so it turns on.
5. Now that you’ve turned on auto hosting, find “Host list” at the bottom and click on it.
6. You will then be transported to a section where you’ll be able to add your favorite channels to auto-host. After that, search the channels you want to auto-host when you go offline. You can add as many channels as you want to this list.
Auto-hosting is a great way to entertain your audience even if you are offline. It let’s support the channels you like, and engage your audience. There’s no downside to auto-hosting.
If you want to remove someone from your added list then simply move the cursor above the channel name and select the “Remove” option.
Your added channel will be removed and if you want to add them again, you will need to search for them again.
Twitch Hosting by Mobile Phones
You can use your mobile to host someone as well. It’s also really simple like the previous methods, just follow the steps given below.
- Download the Twitch app using the Google Play Store or the Apple App Store.
- If you already have an account just Login using your username and password, but if you don’t have an account, you can make one using the Signup option.
- After that, tap on your display picture and go to your account. Now, if you use an Android phone the display picture will be on the top-right side of the screen. However, if you use an iPhone then the display picture will be on the top-left side of the screen.
- Then, the account section will appear, and there find the “Chat” field and tap on it.
- In the chat field, type “/host” without quotation just like the PC/Laptop version, and type the username of the channel you want to host. For example, if I wanted to host Angry Joe, a gaming channel then I would type “/host AngryJoeShow” without quotation on the chat field.
You need to accurately write the name of the channel you want to host. Also, if you want to stop hosting just simply type “/un host” in the chat field.
Twitch hosting is an excellent way to keep your audience engaged while you are offline. It will also let you support the channels you want to support.
If you don’t have original content for the moment, then you can keep your fans entertained while you make your content.
You can also ask your fans to start hosting you so that you can reach a bigger audience. Additionally, you can ask your friends to host you as well.
Also, if you are a dedicated fan of someone start hosting today, and show your support.