In recent years, the Nintendo Switch has become a popular gaming system. On this website, there are plenty of games to choose from. However, you’ll need a system that can offer a buffer-free and seamless data link to provide the highest performance. It’s possible that your regular Wi-Fi might not be able to do so. And this is where a LAN adapter comes into use.
We’ll go through the five best LAN adapters for switches in this article. You’ll also get a buying guide which outlines the most important things to remember when ordering a LAN adapter. In our guide to best LAN adapters for switches, we are hopeful you will find your piece.
Best LAN Adapters for Switch
- Officially Licensed by Nintendo
- LAN Adapter for Nintendo Switch
- Fast and stable wired internet connection
- Perfect for online multiplayer
- Plugs into Nintendo Switch Dock
We are starting off the list with the Nintendo Switch LAN Adapter, which is well known for its durability and ability to connect to high-speed Internet. You can use an Ethernet cable to connect the Nintendo Switch to a router and experience high-speed wireless internet with this LAN plug.
If you enjoy gaming online and would want to get the most out of your experience, you’ll have to get this LAN adapter. It is unquestionably deserving of first place due to its outstanding results.
Aside from being built of high-quality materials, this adapter also features a smooth and buffer-free Wi-Fi connection. It is licensed by Nintendo, making it the best Nintendo LAN adapter for the switch. It will provide players with a consistent speed of data, allowing you to give your all in the game that you’re playing.
- Provides a connection of good speed
- Can connect about 16 devices at once with the router
- Allows for a buffer-free net surfing experience
Plugable USB to Ethernet Adapter
- FASTER THAN WiFi - With this USB ethernet adapter upgrade to wired Gigabit speeds via USB. This fast USB 3.0 Gigabit solution powered by the ASIX AX88179 chipset provides more performance and stability than most WiFi networks
- EASY INSTALLATION - Automatic driver installation via Windows Update on Windows 11, 10, 8.x, 7, and XP (with existing internet connection). Functionality built into the Linux kernel from 3.9 onward (compile required for 2.6 to 3.8)
- FEATURES - Ethernet USB Adapter offers practical speeds over 700Mbps on USB 3.0 and Gigabit network. IPv4/IPv6 checksum offload engine, crossover detection and auto-correction, TCP large send offload, and IEEE 802.3az Energy Efficient Ethernet. Max 4K jumbo frames
- COMPATIBILITY - Not supported on macOS. Not recommended for Lenovo Yoga 2/3 due to issues with their USB 3.0 controller. Compatible with docked Nintendo Switch, or handheld mode with compliant USB-C to USB 3.0 solution
- 2 YEAR WARRANTY - We love our Plugable products, and hope you will too. All of our products are backed with a 2-year limited parts and labor warranty as well as Seattle-based email support
The Plugable LAN adapter, which comes in second place on our list, works for Windows, Chrome OS, Linux, and the Nintendo Switch. If you choose to play online games or have a video chat, this gadget can provide you with fast data speeds.
It uses a chipset just like ASUS AX88179 that can provide speeds of 10 to 1000 Mbps in nearly all USB 2.0, including 3.0 models. It is important to note that this adapter is not compatible with Android, OS or Mac.
The Plugable would provide your devices with a better speed than a Wi-Fi router. The maximum speed that this device can produce is greater than 700 Mbps. It saves you money on energy. Furthermore, it has error verification features to reduce CPU load. This adapter has one of the simplest installation procedures.
- Reasonable price
- High-quality materials were used to make this product
- Has data links that are reliable
- Up to 16 computers can be connected to the router
- Setting up the device might take time
CableCreation USB Ethernet Adapter
- USB Ethernet Adapter:The USB 3.0 Ethernet Adapter adds a standard RJ45 port to your ultrabook, or notebook, supporting 10/100/1000 Mbps. Let you no longer suffer from loss or loading when playing games or working; Ideal solution for Wi-Fi dead zones and damage to the computer network port
- 1000 Mbps High Speed:High-bandwidth of Super Speed, usb network adapter supports 10/100/1000 Mbps, Backward compatible with USB 2.0/1.1 standards; To 1 Gbps for 1000 BASE-T network performance, connect the usb to cat6 adapter with cat6 & up ethernet cables
- High-Performance Chip&Compact Size:The usb to rj45 adapter built-in intelligent chipet AX88179A, which has excellent compatibility and performance. Ensure the network is always kept stable and fast. ethernet to usb adapter has small-size design. You can easily take it anywhere with your briefcase or pocket, perfect for the business person
- Plug & Play:Just plug in and enjoy a smooth wired network. Driver free on Windows 11/10/8.1/8, macOS, Chrome OS; Driver needed on Windows 7/XP/Vista, Linux; Supports backpressure routing and IEEE 802.3x flow control for full-duplex (FDX) and half-duplex (HDX) systems. Compatible with IEEE 802.3, IEEE 802.3u, and IEEE 802.3ab.Supports IEEE 802.3az. ★Driver can be downloaded from CableCreation's Official Website★
- Wide Compatibility:CabelCreation ethernet adapter supports crossover detection, auto-correction, and Wake-on-LAN (WOL). Supports Windows (32/64 bit) 8 / 7 / Vista / XP, macOS 10.5 /10.6/10.7/10.8/10.9/10.10/10.12. Does not support Windows RT or Android systems
The Realtek RTL8153 chip in this USB LAN adapter allows for faster and better connections in your computer. You can use this gadget to link devices to Wi-Fi in areas that your modem cannot reach.
It’s a straightforward plug-and-play system. You will get quick connections, mostly on desired platforms, after just a one-time download. Via an Ethernet cable, users can link Windows XP or Vista, also Mac and Linux computers with the adapter.
This adapter will deliver a maximum speed of 1000 Mbps. It is, however, completely compatible with a 10/100 Mbps link. It also has full-duplex and half-duplex streaming control systems.
It is important to note that it is not compatible with Windows RT or Android devices. It’s easy to transport thanks to its compatible construction.
- The price is fair
- Gives good performance
- Has three status-indicating LEDs
- Get overheated when used for a long time
Smays Ethernet Adapter
- Weak wireless connection / no Ethernet port? Try our reliability wired internet connectivity USB adapter
- Supports 10/100M fast network
- Recommended accessories for anyone who plays online multiplayer (smash bros) video games on Switch / Wii / Wii U or any other console; Plug into the USB port on the console and connect an Ethernet cable
- Metal aluminum silver casing; ACT LINK light; 4-Inch USB 2.0 cable, the right length for Switch Dock
- Compatible with Apple Mac book laptop, Microsoft Surface, Windows 10 laptop, Ubuntu Linux laptop, ultra laptop, HP Omen/Sleekbook laptop, Dell laptop, Asus, LG, Lenovo, Acer notebooks, IBM 900x laptop, Compaq Presario laptop 64-bit win 10 version, PC; Works excellent for laptops that do not have a built-in Ethernet port
If you are fed up with your switch’s slow connections, then you can rely on the Smays Ethernet adapter to assist you in resolving your problem. It works with most software applications, including Windows and Mac.
Simply connect the Ethernet cable to the device’s USB port and experience fast data speeds. It has a sleek look with a silver aluminium finish.
You’ll be able to enjoy a buffer-free gaming experience with this USB type. This adapter is one of the best 5 adapters on this list because of its features and results.
- Improves the speed and performance of Wi-Fi
- Can connect multiple devices
- Not durable
Amazon Basics Ethernet Adapter
- Connects a USB 3.0 device (computer/laptop) to a router, modem, or network switch to deliver Gigabit Ethernet to your network connection. Does not support Smart TV or gaming consoles (e.g.Nintendo Switch).
- Supported features include Wake-on-LAN function, Green Ethernet & IEEE 802.3az-2010 (Energy Efficient Ethernet)
- Supports IPv4/IPv6 pack Checksum Offload Engine (COE) to reduce Cental Processing Unit (CPU) loading
- Compatible with Windows 10/8/7, does not support MacOS, Chrome OS, Windows RT, Linux or Android.
Amazon Basics’ LAN adapter is known to be effective for offering fast and secure data connections. This adapter allows you to connect any device with USB 3.0 to your router. This system also comes with a Wake-on-LAN option.
This adapter also works for 10 to 100 Ethernet. It has a compact interface and is lightweight and durable. It is compliant with both Windows and Mac operating systems.
- Made of good quality material
- Not compatible with Android and Linux
How to Connect a Switch to a LAN Adapter
To link your Switch Console to the Internet via a wired connection, you should go through the following steps. To link to the Internet using the wired network method, ensure the console is set in TV mode.
- Step 1: The first step is to link your Switch to a LAN using an Ethernet adapter. To make the link, you can use a Nintendo Switch LAN Adapter or even an Ethernet Adapter by UGREEN 2.0 USB. Connect the LAN cable to the adapter’s terminal and plug the adapter’s USB port into the Nintendo Switch port.
- Step 2: Your router or portal should be wired to one of the other ends of a LAN cable.
- Step 3: The Switch controller must now be inserted into the Switch port.
- Step 4: If the Switch controller is turned on, go to the HOME Title screen and choose System Settings.
- Step 5: Select Internet and afterwards, Internet Settings from the drop-down menu. The Switch will now scan for a nearby Wi-Fi link automatically.
- Step 6: Select Wired Connection from the drop-down menu.
- Step 7: Select the alternative to access the Internet with a wired connection.
- Step 8: The Switch has now been linked to the Internet with a wired network, and the connection will be checked. When the test is over, press the OK button.
And that’s it! You’re ready to go now!
There are several options available on the market if you need a LAN USB adapter for your switch. Choosing the best option from a large number of options is a difficult task. This purchasing guide will help make your job simpler and will guide you through the collection process.
The bandwidth is determined by the Ethernet adapter type. This Ethernet adapter uses Gigabit, which boosts speed up to 1000 Mbps, whereas the standard Ethernet LAN adapter boosts it to 100 Mbps.
If you need more bandwidth, the Gigabit Ethernet LAN adapter is the way to go. The price difference between Gigabit and a regular adapter is not large. If your money allows, invest in a Gigabit Ethernet LAN adapter, which is far more powerful.
USB 2.0 VS USB 3.0
The USB 2.0 connector has two speeds: 10 Mbps and 100 Mbps. Instead of these two speeds, the USB 3.0 port includes three: 10, 100, and 1000 Mbps. If you want a Gigabit Ethernet LAN adapter, you’ll need one with a USB 3.0 port.
A USB 3.0 port seems to be significantly superior to a USB 2.0 port. They don’t need to be upgraded for a longer time. So if you are not using a Gigabit Ethernet port, USB 3.0 would be the best option.
Number of Connectors or Ports
Typically, an Ethernet adapter has two ports: one is for the Ethernet and one for the USB. It is recommended that you purchase an adapter that has multiple ports so that you can connect multiple devices at the same time.
It can assist you in connecting computers in order to exchange files for work, gaming or other uses. The ports could be USB or just some other form of popular connectivity alternative.
Most switches made by corporations are designed to work with specific equipment. This limits the switch’s usability. Different devices cannot be connected to the same switch.
To stop having to buy several adaptors for various models, choosing one that will fit most or all of them is a good idea.
When purchasing a LAN adapter for Switch, this function is often overlooked. The energy-efficient LAN adapters will help you save a lot of money on your electricity bill.
This is both environmentally friendly and cost-effective. Whenever the adapters are not in operation, this helpful function can monitor the data flow.
The data flow between a microprocessor and central processing unit, as well as the connected devices by the LAN adapter, is controlled by the chipset. A decent chipset can effectively increase the data flow speed.
This would reduce latency and improve the gameplay experience. The central processing unit, also known as the microprocessor, is the transfer console, and the router is the exterior device.
Occasionally, a large number of users attempt to communicate and use the network at the same time. If your LAN adapter somehow doesn’t accept this function, you will be unable to do so.
Look for and purchase an adapter that has this functionality. This will assist you in transporting data while also freeing up bandwidth to enable several links to be made at the same time. It also increases the data flow’s velocity, which is beneficial to gamers.
There are a lot of overpriced adapters on the market. As a result, it is prudent to exercise caution when purchasing a LAN adapter. To begin with, make a list of the features you want to have in your adapter.
Secondly, look for adapter brands that have the same capabilities. Comparing the features and performance of various goods can assist you in determining which product will be worth your price.
If you always have Wi-Fi problems and have to sulk over a poor game experience whenever your switch lags, the safest solution to never have to worry about bad Wi-Fi is to install a wired connection.
All that you have to do now is choose a LAN Adapter from this guide above and link your Switch Console to your home’s LAN cable. We have also included measures on how to make your link go more smoothly. So, what do you have to lose? Get one of these Ethernet LAN Switch Adapters to enjoy a seamless gaming experience. We hope our guide to the best LAN adapters has helped you.