Confused?? Which laptop to choose that can run on Kali Linux? Well, the below list with best laptops for Kali Linux will get you covered. Especially professional hackers those who are in search of a laptop that is running on Kali Linux. Perhaps, the system can do penetration testing as well.
Well, it is common for hackers to know that the Kali Linux can be run through a dual boot system. One can also use virtualization by using software like VMware or VirtualBox. Irrespective of the method chosen to run Kali, the laptop should be compatible to run the operating system.
For busy users, going through the specifications of the laptop and comparing them may seem to be a daunting and time taking task. In that case, we are here, bringing some of the top-rated laptops that can run Kali Linux. We have concluded 8 best products only after going through high-end specifications and usage of the machines that are within budget. Here we go…
- Powerful Productivity: 11th Generation Intel Core i3-1115G4 Dual Core processor delivers unmatched speed and intelligence, enabling impressive creating, productivity, and gaming experiences. With Turbo Boost Technology, get up to 4.1GHz for your high-demand applications.Connectivity Technology: Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, HDMI
- Visibly Stunning: Experience sharp details and crisp colors on the 15.6" Full HD IPS display with 82.58% screen-to-body, 16:9 aspect ratio and narrow bezels
- Ergonomic Typing: Ergonomically-designed hinge lifts the keyboard for comfortable typing, improved cooling, and a better sound experience
- Internal Specifications: 4GB DDR4 on-board memory (1 slot available); 128GB NVMe solid-state drive storage (1 hard drive bay available) to store your files and media
- Acer's Purified.Voice technology, features enhanced digital signal processing to cancel out background noise, improve speech accuracy and far-field pickup, which not only makes calls clearer, but makes talking to Alexa easier than before.
- 【Memory & Storage】Memory is 8GB high-bandwidth RAM to smoothly run multiple applications and browser tabs all at once. Hard Drive is 256GB PCIe Solid State Drive which allows to fast bootup and data transfer
- 【Processor】11th Gen Intel Core i3-1115G4 Dual-Core 3.0GHz Processor (6MB Intel Smart Cache, up to 4.10GHz) Intel UHD Graphics
- 【Screen】15.6" HD Touchscreen (1366 x 768) Display
- 【Ports】2 x USB 3.2 Gen 1 Type-A, 1 x USB 2.0 Type-A, 1 x HDMI, 1 x Combination Audio Jack, 1 x Multi-format SD Media Card Reader, Wireless-AC Wi-Fi 5 + Bluetooth Combo
- 【Operating System】Windows 11 Home
- AMD Ryzen 5 5500U Hexa-Core Mobile Processor with AMD Radeon Graphics.Maximum Power Supply Wattage 45 W
- 15.6" Full HD (1920 x 1080) Widescreen LED-backlit IPS Display
- 8GB DDR4 Onboard Memory and 256GB NVMe SSD
- 1 - USB 3.2 (Type-C) Gen 1 port (up to 5 Gbps) | 2 - USB 3.2 Gen 1 Ports (one with Power-off Charging) | 1 - USB 2.0 Port | 1 - HDMI 2.0 Port with HDCP support
- Wi-Fi 6 | Backlit Keyboard | Up to 11 Hours Battery Life | Comes with Windows 11 Home
- Renewed products look and work like new. These pre-owned products have been inspected and tested by Amazon-qualified suppliers, which typically perform a full diagnostic test, replacement of any defective parts, and a thorough cleaning process. Packaging and accessories may be generic. All products on Amazon Renewed come with a minimum 90-day supplier-backed warranty.
- 1.6 GHz dual-core Intel Core i5 (Turbo Boost up to 2.7 GHz) with 3 MB shared L3 cache
- 11.6-Inch (diagonal) LED-backlit Glossy Widescreen Display, 1366 x 768 resolution
- Intel HD Graphics 6000
- Celeron N3060; 4GB Memory;16GB eMMC
- 11.6" HDF Non-Touch LCD
- 10 hours of battery life. Wireless- intel dual band wireless-AC 7265 802.11AC Wi-Fi + BT 4.0 LE wireless card (2x2)
- 1 Year Mail in Service
- 1.10 GHz | 4.00 GB LPDDR4
- Celeron N3350 | 16GB eMMC
- 14 Inch Display | Max Resolution: 1366 x 768
- Chrome OS | Intel HD Graphics 500
- Master productivity with the sleek, durable HP Chromebook 14 G5, built with the manageable, secure, and intuitive Chrome OS and driven by the latest Intel Celeron processors.1 It's future-ready for evolving workspaces with universal USB-C compatibility.
- 15inch HD IPS LED Display(1366x768), Intel Graphics
- Intel Dual-Core Celeron Processor Up to 2.55GHz, 4GB RAM, 32GB Storage
- 2x USB Type-A, 2x USB Type-C, 1x Headphone/microphone, Micro SD Card Reader
- Super-Fast WiFi Up to 1300 Mbps, Bluetooth 5.0
- Chrome OS
- Powerful performance: ASUS Vivobook 15 laptop comes with 11th Generation Intel Core i3-1115G4, 8GB RAM and 128GB of storage, this laptop will help you get things done swiftly and efficiently
- Immersive visuals: experience incredible visuals with the 15.6 inch Full HD NanoEdge vIPS display featuring a stunning 83% screen-to-body ratio and an anti-glare coating to reduce unwanted distractions
- Durable design: the laptop is carefully constructed to protect internal components, strengthen the hinge joint and provide a stable platform when using the laptop
- Comfortable experience: the laptop comes with full-size backlit keyboard is perfect for working in dim environments and is ergonomically designed to provide a comfortable typing experience
- Extremely portable: the laptop is only 3.97lbs and 0.7 inches thin, this ASUS laptop will keep up with your fast-paced lifestyle.
- Powered by Intel's 11th Gen 6-Core CPU: With PCIe Gen4 performance and DDR4 memory with speeds of 3200MHz, the Intel i5-11400H 6-Core processor is able to ensure a smooth and productive experience.
- It All Starts Now: Enjoy the latest generation Windows 11 Home for your everyday needs. MSI recommends Windows 11 Pro for business use.
- Equipped With NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650 Series Graphics: Powered by Turing NVIDIA’s award-winning architecture, It’s a supercharger for today’s most popular games, and even faster with modern titles.
- Stay Cool & Quiet: Fine-tuned to be noticeably quieter and cooler under load, easily blending into any environment.
- Fast FHD Display: The 15.6" 144Hz FHD, IPS-Level for quick response time gaming.
- Multi-tasking is a breeze on the IdeaPad 1i laptop with an efficient Intel Core i3-1215U processor, 4GB memory, and 128GB storage
- Watch shows on a more expansive 14" HD screen with a thin frame for a generous Active Area Ratio - the amount of screen compared with the size of its borders
- Listen to rich and clear audio from two Dolby Audio speakers, with dual microphones and a 720P camera makes video calls simple
- The IdeaPad 1i camera comes with a physical privacy shutter to keep peeping eyes from spying, even after a video call
- Stay connected with WiFi and Bluetooth built in, plus a USB-C port, 2 USB-A ports, HDMI, an SD card reader, and an audio jack, includes Free 3-month Xbox Game Pass
List of the Best laptops for Kali Linux
Apple MacBook Pro (15-inch, Previous Model, 16GB RAM, 512GB Storage) – Space Gray
- Brilliant Retina Display with True Tone technology
- Touch Bar and Touch ID
- Radeon Pro 555x or 560x Graphics with 4GB of video Memory
- Ultrafast SSD
- Intel UHD Graphics 630
The 15 inches Apple MacBook Pro is a powerful system to smoothly run Kali Linux. The laptop can be considered among the expensive machines which are a complete value for money. If budget is not a factor, this model is the safest bet to get. The big retina display coupled with true tone technology offers top-quality offers more productive work.
The laptop, with its robust capacity of 4.8 GHz takes performance to a whole new level. Owing to the memory and quality processor of the system, it functions fast and it is also portable. This apart, the touch bar and touch ID technology makes it convenient to work on the system.
Now, coming to its excellent graphics card performance as each of its GPU has 4GB of GDDR5 memory capacity. To experience the real-life performance with adequate 3D effect in games like Final Cut Pro X, this laptop is the ideal choice.
The Apple laptop is housed on 6-core Intel Core i9 processor that can go up to 4.8GHz. This is what gives extra power to function efficiently and 50% faster compared to its older version. So, to accomplish a high-end task like encoding, giving special effects, encoding video and the like, this model of Apple laptop is the safest bet.
Moreover, the system is installed with a T2 chip that offers better security to this system. The chip comes with a secured enclave coprocessor that offers the required foundation for a secure boot. Along with this, SSD storage of the system makes every task an easy one and the 15-inch model is available for 4TB SSD offering enough storage space.
Now, coming to the versatility of the port offered in the system. It has four Thunderbolt 3 USB-C ports and enables up to 40 GB/s fast data transfer. So, if you are planning to use the system for gaming, it can be used up to 10 hours.
What makes this Apple MacBook Pro a suitable choice for Kali Linux is its robust performance due to the Intel 6 – Core (8th generation) quad-core processor making the model stand out from the rest. It has a great boosting capacity of running multiple applications simultaneously.
- Installed with great build
- Offers top-notch display
- Ability to gives a high-quality performance
- Speakers give great sound
- Offers hassle-free functioning
- Cost is on the high rate
- Keystroke seems to be slow
- The touch bar of the system also slows down after using the system for some time
Dell Inspiron i5577-7342BLK-PUS,15.6″ Gaming Laptop
- 7th Generation Intel Core i7-7700HQ Quad Core (6MB Cache, Base Frequency 2.8 GHz, Max Turbo Frequency up to 3.8 GHz)
- 16GB, 2400MHz, DDR4; up to 32GB (additional memory sold separately) [16G2D]
- 512GB Pie Solid State Drive , No Optical Drive option
- 15.6-inch FHD (1920 x 1080) Anti-Glare LED-Backlit Display
- Windows 10 Home 64-bit English
Are you looking for laptops for kali that is a complete value for money? Well, we have the perfect solution with Dell Inspiron i5577-7342BLK-PUS. The above-said resolution is often considered less in its performance compared to Apple MacBook Pro mentioned above, however, the display is worthy of investment. Accirding to some of the customers, the system boosts fast and great for its performance. The system runs pretty well due to its Intel Core i7-7700HQ processor.
Therefore, when looking for a system perfect for kali linux, this is one. The great quality of the machine is sure to surpass its poor viewing angles. When running Kali Linux, the battery life would extend for 3 to 4 hours. In this machine, Dell has incorporated a good Geforce GTX 1050 4GB graphics card making it the perfect choice for gamers. With a capacity to boot in just 10 seconds, if not for gaming, this is the perfect one for hackers.
The 16 GB DDR4 RAM makes the Dell laptop the showstopper as it allows hassle-free multi-tasking in the system. Adding to the RAM, the 512GB SSD storage capacity is outstanding in this machine. Moreover, one can add additional slot given in the laptop if 16GB seems to be insufficient.
- The laptop comes with quality build
- Offers long-lasting battery
- Performance using both GPU and SSD is fast
- Comes with poor quality viewing angles
- Though, TN Panel works good, IPS could have been working better
Alienware AW17R4-7006SLV-PUS 17″ Gaming Laptop
- 7th Generation Intel Core i7-7820HK (Quad-Core, 8MB Cache, Overclocking up to 4.4GHz )
- 16GB DDR4 at 2400MHz included; 32GB Maximum
- 256GB SSD (boot)+ 1TB 7200RPM SATA HDD; No optical Drive
- 17.3 inch FHD (1920 x 1080) IPS Anti-Glare 300-nits Display with Tobii IR Eye-tracking
- Windows 10 Operating System; Silver
What if graphic designers wish to buy a robust laptop? Well, for this, there are plenty of options available and one of them is the above-said flagship machine from Alienware. With top-end specifications like Intel Core i7-7820HK processor coupled with 256 SSD+ 1TB HDD, this is suitable for video editors and also for running Kali Linux.
Comes with a 17.3 inches screen, it is perfect for the gamers as per customer reviews as they can play games like Witcher 3 High Graphics, DOOM and the like. Moreover, gamers can enjoy it both in QHD and full HD resolution. Despite having a TN Panel, it offers great colour accuracy. Though it offers great storage, users opting for the above said machine, can also try out this laptop. Even, the system offers 16GB DDR4 RAM size which is enough space.
Dell offers multiple options to choose for its GPU and this makes it stand out from the rest when one is planning to get a laptop for running Kali Linux. However, it can also be considered as the perfect choice for the gamers, with its latest features to impress.
- System build is sturdy offering durability
- Comes installed with an accurate trackpad
- Offers great battery life of 3 to 4 hours
- System is among the expensive ones
- Laptop is not portable
Acer Predator Helios 300 Gaming Laptop, Windows 10 64-bit
- Latest 7th Generation Intel Core i7 Processor 2.8GHz with Turbo Boost Technology up to 3.8GHz | Windows 10 Home 64-bit
- Latest NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 with 6 GB of dedicated GDDR5 VRAM
- 15.6" Full HD (1920 x 1080) widescreen IPS display, Red Backlit Keyboard
- 16GB DDR4 DRAM Memory & 256GB SSD | Extra empty expandable hard drive slot for 2.5" hard drives
- Up to 7-hours of battery life
The Acer Predator Helios 300 is a suitable option for gamers and hackers. When in search of a laptop that is a value for money unlike Dell Inspiron i5577, it is none other than the above-said product. Though the latter is $150 extra than the former one, it comes with 256GB M.2 SSD memory that pays off well in the long run.
Now, in the case of GPU, a GTX 1060 6GB VRAM graphics card is perfect to invest in for this laptop. If thinking about how fast the system can run the game, it will offer surprisingly super-fast speed as it is installed with a good configuration of processor.
Now, coming to its battery life, it offers 4 hours of life when playing high-end games. But, when using Kali Linux, it is able to run for 1.5 hours. Therefore, the excellent RAM is undoubtedly the best to get in this budget.
The 7th generation Intel Core processor of 2.8 GHz with the capability of boosting up to 3.8 GHz which enhance the functioning of the system.
Get to know Something more !!!
- Gives excellent performance
- Comes with quality build giving durability of the system
- It has matte finish screen
- Not too heavy and perfect as portable machine
- GTX 1060 coupled with 1080p monitor
- Installed with one USB 3 port
- USB C is not properly installed
ASUS VivoBook Thin and Light Gaming Laptop with Intel Core i7-7700HQ Processor
- Powerful 7th Generation Intel Core i7-7700HQ quad-core 2.8GHz (Turbo up to 3.8GHz), standard voltage for full performance
- 15.6" Full HD color rich, anti-glare display and NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 4GB graphics for flawless visuals and portable gaming
- 15" wide and 0.8" ultra thin chassis for a portable & slim footprint; Illuminated keyboard; Harman/Kardon certified audio; Dual-fan thermal design
- Lightning-fast dual band 802.11ac Wi-Fi keeps you connected through any congestion or interference
- 16GB DDR4 RAM and 256GB M.2 SATA3 SSD + 1TB HDD combo for balanced speed and storage capacity; Windows 10; Comprehensive connections with USB 3.1 Type-C (Gen1), USB 3.1 Type-A, USB 2.0, & HDMI. 178 degree wide-view technology
The ASUS VivoBook is similar to Acer Predator Helios 300 in its features and price range. The Asus laptop comes with a sturdy outer surface and Intel Core i7-7700HQ version of the processor that makes the system a bit faster. The upgraded version of the processor has made it possible to play high-end games like Final Fantasy XIV, Sims 4 and the like as has been said by a customer in the interview.
Are you thinking about the storage of the system? Well, to this, the Asus laptop comes with an excellent 256GB SATA 3 M.2 SSD. Coupled with this, it offers a read speed of 436MB with a write speed of 421MB. Perhaps, it assures of the fast performance-boosting better data transfer speed when hackers work on it.
Comparatively, in Acer Predator Helios 300, one has to buy an additional hard disk, but in case of this Asus laptop, a free hard disk slot is given empty in the system. Considering the processor version, it can minimize the fan sound.
Well, according to our research the 2 hours battery life when using Kali Linux coupled with high-end processer is something that makes this laptop stands out from the rest.
- Fairly easy to carry
- Comes with latest designs
- Laptop display could have been better
Dell XPS9560-7001SLV-PUS Laptop, with Aluminum Chassis
- 7th Generation Intel Core i5-7300HQ Quad Core Processor (6M cache, up to 3.5 GHz)
- 8GB DDR4-2400MHz up to 32GB (additional memory sold separately)
- 256GB PCIe Solid State Drive, No Optical Drive
- 15.6-inch 4K Ultra HD (3840 x 2160) InfinityEdge touch display
- Windows 10 Home 64bit English
Do you wish to get a laptop that is a powerhouse performance? Well, the Dell laptop, installed with 7th Gen processor along with 4GB GeForce GTX 1050 graphics card is perfect for super-speed of the system.
Have you tried enough to get an extended battery life? Well, Dell machine offers 2 hours for running Kali Linux. Moreover, as a lightweight laptop, it is perfect as a portable one.
So, with high-end specifications, one should invest for this Dell laptop that can run Kali Linux. The resolution offers excellent display making it suitable for gaming as well.
Dell has made a great selection of ports with 1 USB 3.0, USB Type-C along with HDMI towards one port. On the other side, it has a place for a full-size card reader along with USB 3.0, which I consider the best feature in this laptop.
- Comes installed with a beautiful display
- Excellent build offering durability
- A RGB keyboard in the system would have been better
Lenovo ideaPad Y700 17.3″ Full HD Gaming Notebook Computer
- Intel Core i7-6700HQ processor, 2.6GHz
- 17.3" LED-Lit, FHD, anti-glare, IPS display, 1920x1080 resolution
- 16GB RAM, 1TB 5400RPM HDD + 128GB SSD
- Discrete Graphics, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M 4GB
- Windows 10
Among the various screen sizes of Lenovo Y700 laptops, this one has an anti-glare IPS display that contributes to vibrant and sharp colors.
Now, storage of the system is a bit tricky with 128GB SSD + 1TB HDD space. By default, it comes with SSD storage giving the option to save files on a hard disk. As the processor is of 7th generation, one can expect a fast performance of the machine. Taking a minimum booting time of 10 seconds, it is a viable option for gaming. Gamers are of the opinion that GTX 960M with 4GB VRAM makes it easy to play games seamlessly.
Moreover, GTX 960M 4GB version of the graphics card makes it perfect for gamers. Even if the hackers wish to run Kali Linux on it, it has the required efficiency with 1.5 to 2 hours of battery backup.
The performance power of 7th generation i7-6700HQ processor of 2.6GHz along with its visual qualities, one can expect top-notch performance options when using the system
- Comes with solid build
- Capability of fast performance due to Intel Core i7-6700HQ processor
- Quality JBL speakers make loud sound
- 7.7 lbs system makes it heavy
MSI GF63 Thin 9SC-614 15.6″ Gaming Laptop
- Display: 15. 6 inches FHD (1920 x 1080), IPS-Level, 60Hz, 45 percent NTSC, Thin Bezel
- Processor: intel core i5-9300h 2. 4 - 4. 1ghz
- Graphics: NVidia GeForce GTX 1650 [max-q] 4g gddr5
- Memory: 8gb (8g x 1) ddr4 2666mhz, 2 sockets; max memory 64gb
- Storage: 512gb NVME SSD
Do you need a system that should be affordable and efficient as well? So, this is for you. It is easy on your pockets as it costs under $800. It sports both HD and IPS display taking gaming experience to the next level. Moreover, it is powered by Intel Core i5-9300H and this 9th generation processor offers 2.4GHz base frequency coupled with a turbo of 4.1GHz.
Now, you must be thinking of the space that the system offers. Well, it offers a good enough 8GB RAM of DDR4 RAM with the expandability of 64GB. The great space inside the laptop makes it perfect for installing high-end games along with running Kali Linux. Adding to this, the machine comes installed with good quality NVIDIA drivers of GeForce GTX 1650 graphics. However, the graphics card is of 4GB of GDDR5 RAM making it easy to run the games and Kali Linux. With the high-end specifications, you can run the game for almost 7 hours.
So, with all these features and 3D quality surrounding sound, the MSI laptop is perfect for running Kali Linux.
Must have guessed till now? Yes, the affordable price. This machine is among the cheapest machines to offer such robust configuration of the processor making it suitable for Kali Linux.
- Standard quality of GTX 1050ti graphics card
- Sufficient cooling mechanism
- Poor quality NVMe driver
Buyer’s Guide for Kali Linux laptop
So, after going through the list of laptops, when we are about to decide which laptop would be the suitable option, some important aspects of the machine can help. Below is a rundown of some main considerations that can guide one to make the right decision to take the right laptop.
Performance is one of the important factors to consider. Irrespective of the purpose for which you wish to buy the laptop, it should be the latest one. The best specification will make the system run fast. So, to ensure the proper performance of the laptop, three things should be considered.
- RAM version
Is 4GB RAM enough for running Kali Linux? Well, to have better performance of the system, 4GB can be considered to be the minimum space recommendation. In the case of Kali Linux laptops, and 8 GB RAM is the lowest capacity one can try.
But a 16 GB machine would be the ideal option. Therefore, it is suggested to look for the top models that have 16 GB RAM that will help run the system in a hassle-free manner.
For better buyer’s knowledge, a minimum of 10 GB hard disk space is necessary for installing Kali Linux on the laptop.
- Graphics card
It will do without having a dedicated graphics card for Kali Linux laptop but it is important to have an integrated one. But to use a laptop that can be used for a longer time, a dedicated and quality graphics card is the one to look forward to.
In this regard, it is better to opt for the Nvidia graphics card that can be considered among the top-rated ones. The dedicated graphics card will help in integration when using penetration testing tools.
For Kali Linux, a laptop with Intel Core i5 processor would be the perfect buy. With a higher budget to buy the laptop, Intel Core i7 is the suitable one. But never make the mistake of getting an i3 though, it is quite cheap. Moreover, the i3 processor will make the system slow and come up with other problems.
When looking after the important aspects of a new laptop, we tend to overlook its storage. But to use a Kali Linux laptop, a 250GB SSD or solid-state drive space is considered to be a good option. A higher SSD drive has the ability to read and write data faster compared to other drives. This is necessary when using a Kali Linux laptop.
For the ones with a high budget, getting a hard disk is the preferred choice. The storage space that is installed in the system will determine the boot time taken by the system. Thus, it is necessary to choose an SSD drive over HDD to make the system function properly.
The battery life of the system is another important aspect that shall determine how long one can use the system. For working long hours at a stretch, it requires good battery time of the system.
When using Kali Linux, a system offering 1 hour of battery life can be considered to be enough. Well, for choosing the right one, one can pick from the list of above-said products that offer good battery life for running Kali Linux.
How much RAM space is required to run Kali Linux?
Answer: For Kali Linux, a minimum of 10GB space. RAM for i386 and amd64 architectures with a minimum of 1 GB is important. Therefore, it is recommended to have 2 GB or more RAM space to run the system at moderate speed.
Which laptop can be considered as best for penetration testing?
Answer: Apple MacBook Pro with 16GB RAM and 512 GB storage capacity is suitable for penetration testing.
Is security a worry when using Kali Linux?
Answer: Kali Linux which is a free operating system is installed on the system hard drive. It is easy to install it on laptops.
What is the need to use Kali Linux?
Answer: Kali Linux is free to use and it comes installed with different tools options for penetration testing. In addition, it is open-source software and it supports multiple languages.
What is the hard drive requirement for running Kali Linux?
Answer: It is possible to install Kali Linux with a minimum of 20GB space in the disk. But to store data and some third party software, it will require more disk space.
Kali Linux could be your most popular and powerful penetration screening system, employed by protection professionals at a vast scope of specializations, in the event that you should be purchasing a notebook with Kali Linux, then you then ought to consider our information to determine what type is most appropriate for your need. Cheers!