Technology is advancing at full speed and fortunately for our greatest good. This is how laptops with backlit keyboards are on the market today.
The goal is always to offer us efficient equipment but also and above all comfortable and easy to use. As a reminder, a backlit keyboard is a keyboard, which is equipped with LEDs that illuminate the keys of the keyboard below.
This is very useful for working in a dark room. But it is also possible to use it in a workspace where it is perfectly bright, especially if you want to gain speed typing. In this article, we have reviewed some of the best laptops with a backlit keyboard.
Best Laptop With Backlit Keyboard
ASUS~ Best laptop with backlit keyboard
- NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1660 Ti 6GB GDDR6 with ROG Boost
- 8-core AMD Ryzen 7 4800H Processor 45W (8M Cache, up to 4.2GHz)
- 15.6" 144Hz Full HD IPS-Type Display
- 16GB DDR4 3200MHz RAM | 512GB PCIe NVMe M.2 SSD | Windows 10 Home
- 90WHr battery | Up to 8.7 hours web browsing and up to 12.3 hours video playback
To offer better-performance devices for gamers, Asus has bet on the TUF506IU-ES74 Gaming Laptop. It is made from a plastic coating to ensure its strength. On the aesthetic side, its hexagonal design and polished finishes with fine sand will surely dazzle you.
As the name suggests, this machine comes with all the features a gamer needs to train their skills. It has an 8th-generation Intel Core processor. Unlike its predecessor, completing tasks with this one is faster.
You can thus opt for online or direct streaming games according to your preferences. This ASUS branded laptop is equipped with a backlit keyboard, specially designed for user comfort.
- Compatible with Windows 10 Pro
- Equipped with a backlit RGB keyboard
- Incorporates an NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 graphics card
- Overstrike technology accelerates typing speed
- The well-groomed design also contributes to the ruggedness of the PC
- The price is affordable
- The battery does not last long
2021 HP Pavilion 15.6″ FHD Gaming Laptop
- 15.6" Micro-edge WLED FHD IPS Display, 1920 x 1080 resolution boasts impressive color and clarity, Anti-glare Energy-efficient micro-edge WLED Screen.
- 9th Generation intel Quad Core i5-9300h Processor, quad-core, 2.4GHz up to 4.1GHz with Intel's) Turbo Boost, Ultra-low-voltage platform. Quad-core, eight-way processing provides maximum high-efficiency power to go.
- 32GB DDR4 RAM, plenty of high-bandwidth to smoothly run your games as well as multiple programs. 1TB SSD Save files fast and store more data. With plenty amounts of storage and advanced communication power, great for major gaming, multiple servers, backups, and more.
- Backlit Full-size island-style Keyboard, allows you to enjoy comfortable and accurate typing, even in dim lighting. NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650 with 4GB GDDR5 dedicated video memory. B&O Audio with dual speakers & HP Wide Vision HD Camera with integrated dual array digital microphone.
Want to improve your skill in video games? Choose the HP Pavilion Gaming Laptop from HP. It has a 15.6 “Full HD screen which helps in the rendering of the displayed image perfectly. Its anti-reflective IPS panel gives you optimal viewing comfort when you attack your opponents.
This device also benefits from 16 GB of RAM for increased fluidity. To enjoy a video game without slowing down, this laptop offers DDR4. In addition, this machine is equipped with an Nvidia GeForce GTX 1650 graphics card.
You will be delighted by its exterior appearance, moreover, the celestial black and chrome green logos are in perfect harmony.
- Incorporates an AZERTY keyboard with a numeric keypad
- Laptop with thin edges
- 1TB hard drive + 128GB SSD
- The backlit keyboard adds aesthetics to the machine
- Ideal for multitasking
- The battery life is excellent
- The machine rows a little depending on its use
ASUS VivoBook 15 laptop with backlit keyboard
- Aspect Ratio:16:9
- 15.6 inch Full HD (1920x1080) 4-way NanoEdge bezel display with a stunning 88% screen-to-body ratio
- Compatible with Google Classroom; run Google Classroom on Microsoft Edge or Internet Explorer 11
- Latest 10th Gen Intel Core i3-1005G1 CPU (4M Cache, up to 3.4 GHz)
- 8 GB DDR4 RAM and 128 GB PCIe NVMe M.2 SSD
The Asus 15.6 “Laptop PC comes with 8GB RAM to give you faster speed. This best laptop with a backlit keyboard can be used for both entertainment and gaming purposes. You also get more storage space by choosing this item. In fact, its hard drive is 1 TB and its SSD is 128 GB.
In addition, it has a Windows 10 operating system on board. You can thus insert a variety of intelligent software into it without the risk of encountering a bug.
This machine also shows power with its Intel processor and its pulse frequency of up to 3.4 GHz. At the same time, you will save energy and limit electricity bills. This laptop from Asus includes a full backlit keyboard, ideal for use in a dark room.
- The screen resolution is 15.6 inches 1920 x 1080
- Can be used in a dark room
- Incorporates a lithium-ion battery
- The screen design is elegant
- It starts up in just 8 seconds
- The image is very sharp
- The QWERTY keyboard is inconvenient
Asus ROG GL703GE Gaming Laptop with backlit keyboard
- 8th-gen Intel Core i7-8750H Processor. 6 Cores, Turbo up to 3.9GHz
- Powerful gaming performance with GTX 1050 Ti 4GB graphics
- 120Hz 17.3” Full HD Wide view display. Ultra-fast 3ms response time
- 16GB DDR4 2666MHz RAM | 256GB SSD + 1TB HDD | Windows 10 Home
- ASUS AURA Sync customizable 4-zone RGB Gaming Keyboard SCAR Edition design with Kevlar pattern on palm rest
Want to enjoy a great moment of victory while playing video games? Then equip yourself with the Asus ROG GL703GE Gaming Laptop. You will have an exceptional experience by choosing this device. Indeed, it shows performance since it is equipped with the latest 7th generation four-core processor
It also embeds an NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1050 graphics card. The intelligent amplifier technology delivers excellent sound quality to amaze you.
It automatically manages the sound setting to ensure the proper functioning of the laptop. Thanks to the continuous cooling system, you can stay glued to your computer for hours without bugs.
As the name suggests, this ROG GL703GE model has a backlit keyboard that is pleasing to the eye. The latter is also very useful for night use.
- Equipped with a panoramic slab
- Embeds 6-function technology
- Equipped with an NVIDIA GeForce 4GB graphics card
- The screen brightness is impeccable
- Its power is perfect for video games
- The laptop shows the solidity
- The battery life is not very satisfactory
HP Pavilion Premium Laptop Computer ~Best laptop with backlit keyboard and touchscreen
The HP brand makes the Pavilion Ultra portable laptop. It embeds a 10th Generation Intel Core processor with 3.6 GHz frequency, 6 MB cache memory, and 4 cores. You can enjoy a clear and detailed picture thanks to its IPS FHD (1920 x 1080 px) display with thin edges. It is one of the best-backlit keyboard laptops in our list.
If you’re looking for a device that you can take anywhere with you, you’ve got what you need. This machine also offers an edge-to-edge backlit keyboard to increase your typing comfort. This model stands out with its 8 GB RAM and 256 GB hard drive. It promises to quickly complete your tasks to satisfy you.
In addition, it gives you approximately 10 hours of battery life. So you have the opportunity to transport it from one place to another without the risk of running out of battery.
- The screen is ultra-thin overall
- Incorporates a 10th-generation Intel Core processor
- Equipped with a silent and ultralight hard drive
- The backlit keyboard is perfect for night owls
- The computer sound is impeccable
- This laptop is powerful
- Adjusting the screen contrast is inconvenient
We begin by advising you on the choice of your best laptop with a backlit keyboard. You must therefore establish in advance the different uses that you plan to use for your laptop with a backlit keyboard.
For example, a gaming laptop is intended to be powerful, compared to a laptop intended for office tasks. You have to pay particular attention to the technical criteria.
Performance: processor, RAM, and hard drive
These are the three pillars of laptop performance. The processor will be the main element. This is the heart of your laptop system. It coordinates the different roles of the components of the machine. The higher the processor, the more powerful the laptop is.
RAM or random access memory is also a performance criterion, in particular, it determines the speed of your laptop with a backlit keyboard. Right from the start, the RAM must be high enough, or if not, you must choose a laptop with the add-on option.
And finally, the hard drive or SSD is the place where all the data of your laptop is stored. It plays an important role, as it will be the basis of all the stuff that you will do on your laptop such as copy, application, etc.
Nowadays, one of the most critical requirements is connectivity. Your laptop with backlit keyboard must have an HDMI port, as well as three USB sockets. USB 3.0 ports will be especially popular. This is the minimum required these days. There are also little extras such as Ethernet cables or the SD reader.
And of course, there is no question of forgetting the great classics of wireless connectivity, in particular WiFi and Bluetooth. We particularly recommend WiFiac, which works faster than WiFi n.
Comfort and ergonomics are too often overlooked. And yet, these are particularly important criteria. It is a matter of comfort to the eye, at first, but also to the finger, secondly. We are talking about comfort to the eye, this is an attractive criterion on the screen.
It should be the right size for your activity and should be adjustable to suit the workspace. Finger comfort is directly connected to the keyboard of your laptop.
Few Other Important Things
Usually, gaming laptops are equipped with a backlit keyboard. Indeed, the best laptop with backlit keyboard was designed for seasoned gamers, to bring them precision in their gestures.
It is also an accessory. In addition to being practical, it is also ergonomic, reliable, and durable. The backlighting system is available in various forms: multi-color, interactive, etc.
When looking to buy a laptop with a backlit keyboard, that means when it comes to finger comfort, you are looking for “the” model. Generally, backlit keyboards are meant to be practical. This is one of the main features to look at and compare.
You also have to bet on the rugged appearance of your laptop with a backlit keyboard. Consider whether your backlit keyboard has an aluminum frame, for example.
When it comes to laptops with backlit keyboards, technology is not to be forgotten. Style and trend are what the Laptop primarily reflects. However, certain particular models will correspond to the personalities of each one.
The goal is always to offer you maximum comfort, but also to boost your pleasure in working on your computer. See the different options and/or technologies that can accompany your laptop. If you are a gamer then an immersive experience will be your main criterion.
Design and comfort
Design and comfort cannot be ignored in these criteria when choosing your best laptop with a backlit keyboard. The shape and appearance of the keyboard are criteria to be considered in this case. For example, see if the numeric keypad is essential for you, or if on the contrary, it will be cumbersome for you.
This is also the case with the fluidity of typing. Are you comfortable? Choosing a laptop with a backlit keyboard is a rather special choice, mainly geared toward finger comfort. Some backlit keyboards may have unique features that you won’t find on any other laptop model with a backlit keyboard. Take the time to compare and do your analysis.
Are laptops with backlit keyboards just for gamers?
In principle, a laptop with a backlit keyboard is a gaming laptop. But this is surely not the only activity in which you seek comfort when you are in front of your laptop screen. The best laptop with a backlit keyboard is particularly recommended for typing comfort.
So users who want speed and precision, even if they are not gamers can and should use a laptop with a backlit keyboard. The responsiveness of the keys is also optimal enough to take away our stress when we have an emergency command to fill.
Is it possible to program the keys on a laptop PC with a backlit keyboard?
Some software will not allow the keys to be programmed. Manufacturers have indeed expressly set up this tag. It depends on the model you have, on some laptops the keys are programmable, and on others not.
Consider your needs, as soon as you choose your best laptop with a backlit keyboard, try to inform yourself beforehand about all the options available to you.
For information, when we talk about programming the keyboard, we are talking about configuring colors, combinations, etc.
How do I maintain the keyboard of my laptop with a backlit keyboard?
To clean the keys or if you may need to replace some of them, you have to be familiar with the matter. If you don’t know anything about it, you better leave it alone.
If handled improperly, you risk damaging your equipment, even if it is just a matter of cleaning. In a pinch, you have the small vacuum cleaners, specially dedicated to keyboards, or the various allocated kits sold especially for laptop keyboards.
Is it possible to program the keys on a laptop PC with a backlit keyboard?
Some software will not allow the keys to be programmed. Manufacturers have indeed expressly set up this tag. It depends on the model you have, on some laptops the keys are programmable, and on others not. Consider your needs, as soon as you choose your best laptop with a backlit keyboard, try to inform yourself beforehand about all the options available to you.
How do I maintain the keyboard of my laptop with a backlit keyboard?
To clean the keys or if you may need to replace some of them, you have to be familiar with the matter. If you don’t know anything about it, you better leave it alone. If handled improperly, you risk damaging your equipment, even if it is just a matter of cleaning. In a pinch, you have the small vacuum cleaners, specially dedicated to keyboards, or the various allocated kits sold especially for laptop keyboards.
Choosing the best laptop with a backlit keyboard should not be a tough task after reading this article. We have also written a detailed buying guide that will help you in making a perfect decision while buying the best laptop with a backlit keyboard for yourselves.