A good network for your home or work has to have a good Ethernet network. Unmanaged switches have simple configurations and are cost-efficient. The advantages are many like plug and play, energy-saving facilities, and QoS services to create an efficient work environment.
NETGEAR JGS524 Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged Switch
- 24 Gigabit Ethernet ports
- Simple plug-and-play setup with no software to install or configuration needed
- Supports desktop or rackmount placement with the necessary mounting hardware in the box
- Lifetime Limited Hardware Warranty, Next Business Day Replacement, and 24/7 chat with a NETGEAR expert
- Energy efficient design compliant with IEEE8023az
This Ethernet switch has the configuration of 24-gigabit ports. It is a plug-and-play device, which means you do not need to install any software or special configuration.
Just connect the plug to the electricity port and you are good to go. This supports any desktop or rackmount placement. This is a good device to create a LAN. All the additional accessories of mounting hardware come with the Switch. Unlike some of the available switches JGS524 operates silently, the fan-less design of the switch is perfect for you if you like working in a noise-sensitive ambience.
This Ethernet has an energy-efficient mood. It minimizes the usage of power to reduce operational costs. As we have said the brand name here is important to reassure the quality of the switch. NETGEAR has earned its name for its quality hardware and quick response to customer queries.
Apart from all these features the web management interface may seem difficult to some. Since the interface is assessable by any port of the switch it is highly recommended to use a very strong password to stop unwanted activities within the management traffic.
- No complication of configuration
- Silent operation
- Energy and cost-efficient
- Can easily build a good office network
- The web management interface is accessible from any port
- Might seem heavy for some users
Aumox 5 AM-SG205 Port Gigabit Ethernet Network Switch
- 【EXPAND NETWORK】: Aumox 5x10/100/1000Mbps RJ45 Ports supporting Auto Negotiation and Auto MDI/MDIX, provide stable speed to each device. Greatly expanding your network capacity, enabling instant large files data transmission, this switch is suitable for home and office internet.
- 【PLUG AND PLAY】: Simple plug-and-play setup no requirements for App or configuration. Aumox ethernet splitter has a small wall-mounting design, supports desktop or wall mount placement, compact and can be placed anywhere.
- 【METAL HOUSING】: Aumox 5 Port Gigabit Unmanaged Ethernet Network Switch, with a fine metal housing, excellent durability, to ensure the stable operation of the equipment.
- 【RELIABLE AND QUIET】: Energy efficient design compliant with IEEE802.3x, Aumox 5 port erthenet switch provides reliable data transmission. The fanless design ensures that the switch remains quiet during operation.
- 【WIDELY USED】: Aumox 5 port switch with compact design, can be widely used in security monitoring, computer networks, wireless coverage, office and home networks, etc..
AM-SG205 is an Ethernet switch with the configuration of 5-gigabit ports. The gigabit ports are auto-negotiable. The ports can easily switch to large data transfer mode. There is almost no report of a transfer rate drop.
6KV lightning protection helps the ports to be safe from lightning-induced currents. You can rest assured that the surveillance system is stable. Another good thing about this switch is that it has nicely built steel housing, so it does not get heated easily.
It also has a fan-free design, so your workplace will have a noise-free environment. AM-SG205 is recommended for a SOHO network. It has increased the bandwidth rather economically.
- Steady data transfer rate
- Protection from lightning-induced current
- Good for building a SOHO network
- The lights for the ports are not aligned.
TP-Link TL-SG1008D Gigabit Ethernet Network Switch
- PLUG-AND-PLAY - Easy setup with no configuration or no software needed
- ETHERNET SPLITTER - Connectivity to your router or modem router for additional wired connections (laptop, gaming console, printer, etc)
- 8 Ports GIGABIT ETHERNET - 8 10/100/1000 Mbps Gigabit auto-negotiation RJ45 ports greatly expand network capacity
- COST EFFECTIVE - Fanless Quiet Design, Desktop design
- RELIABLE - IEEE 802.3x flow control provides reliable data transfer
This Ethernet has the simplest configuration. It does not need any software installation or configuration; it is simply plug-and-play. It has 8 ports. The network capacity of the switch is between 10/100/1000 Mbps Gigabit.
It also has auto-negotiation on RJ45 ports. The perfect design for desktop usage, there is no additional fan installed which saves your work ambiance from extra noise pollution. IEEE 802.3x prevents any sort of disruption in data transfer.
It is also a power-efficient model; it saves up to 80% of energy by adjusting the power according to the consumption flow. Another good thing about this device is that you do not need any crossover cable connection, it comes with MDI/ MDIX technology.
TP-Link offers a 2 years guarantee on this. This model is quite light in weight and stylish.
- Compact construction
- Ports has auto-negotiation with a data transfer rate
- It saves up to 80% of energy
- No cross-over cables are required
- The speed indicators are at the back of the device.
Linksys Business LGS116 Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged Network Switch
- Wired connection speed up to 1000 Mbps
- 16 Gigabit Ethernet auto sensing ports
- Easy plug & play connection
- Quality of Service (QoS) traffic prioritization
- Meets EEE (Energy Efficient Ethernet) 802.3az standard
LGS116 has the configuration of 16 auto-sensing ports. It does not require any installation of software, it is simply a push-and-play. This wired connection can take up to 1000 Mbps.
The network it is going to create will have traffic polarization, so you do not have to bother about lagging when the pressure is high. The 802.3az standard IEEE technology makes sure the energy efficiency of the Ethernet.
The power-saving feature is always active to minimize the use of power in your workspace. The indicator and the activity lights on the Switch are not front-facing, which is a common complaint of the users of this switch.
The body of this switch is of solid metal design. So it is definitely very sassy in looks but heavy in weight. All in all, it is a good switch for a small network
- Ensures traffic polarization
- Energy efficient
- Saves power for minimizing operational cost
- Great speed
- Has a heavy body
- The indicators are at the back of the switch.
TRENDnet – TEG-S24g Unmanaged Gigabit Switch
- ETHERNET PORT CONFIGURATION: 24 x Gigabit RJ-45 Ports
- GIGABIT SPEEDS: Twenty-four gigabit ports provide high-speed network connections to devices and a 48Gbps switching capacity allows data traffic to flow smoothly, reducing traffic bottlenecks.
- RACKMOUNT DESIGN: The 24 Port Gigabit switch is designed with a sturdy rackmount metal design with a built-in power supply; Rack mount kit included.
- GREENnet ENERGY SAVINGS: The 24-Port Gigabit GREENnet switch, provides high bandwidth performance, ease of use, and reliability; Reducing power consumption by up to 70%. GREENnet technology automatically adjusts power consumption as needed, resulting in substantial energy savings.
- TRENDnet LIFETIME PROTECTION: All metal TRENDnet switches come with lifetime manufacturer protection.
This Ethernet has a configuration of 24 ports that provides high speed. The switching capacity of this model is up to 48 Gbps, which allows smooth and unreluctance data transmission.
You can rely on the transmission speed for a well-structured small network for professional use. Next, we have to see the rackmount design of the model, which has a built-in power supply feature.
If you are looking for a switch that would reduce the operational cost then you would be happy to know this model saves up to 70 percent of power consumption. The GREENnet technology adjusts the power supply automatically when necessary.
It also has a TRENDnet technology that assures a lifetime of manufacturer protection. The fun part is you can switch between the data transmission rates as per your workload. Again the installation of this switch is very easy as it does require any software, just a simple plug-and-play for you to be all set.
- GREENnet technology saves power supply up to 70 percent
- Easy installation of plug and play
- Excellent data transmission rate
- The steel body of the switch may seem heavy
D-Link PoE Ethernet Gigabit Unmanaged Desktop Switch
No products found.
This Ethernet has the facility of PoE if that is something that you are looking for then you should look into this model. PoE offers high-quality switches for data transmission.
This model can be a good fit for your home or work. The number of ports in this switch is 8. So if you are heavy user at home, you can have a go at this. Next, we can look at the IEEE feature that helps reduce the over power supply to save energy.
It also has a fan-free design that does not cause any sound while running. The mounting type of this model is a wall mount. The body of this model is made of stainless steel. If you have a tight budget then this is a low-budget Ethernet for you.
- Budget efficient
- IEEE feature helps to save sustainable energy
- PoE technology serves better data transmission quality
- Good for personal use
- May not be suited for high-speed professional use
Linksys SE3008 Metallic Gigabit Switch
No products found.
This Ethernet has a metallic design that ensures durability, a feature that is popular amongst its users. If you are looking for a model that is good for your personal, professional, and commercial usage then this could be a good choice.
This model is designed for saving energy as it has IEEE technology, and it can easily detect the ports that are not active. It also detects MDI/MDI-X cables automatically. Next, if you would be interested to know about the connectivity of this model, the connection is very reliable and consistent as per the reviews of the users. The durability of this switch is also very commendable.
The configuration of the model is very easy. You can just plug it in and good to go, though you have to access the web management interface for the security of the network. This Switch may seem pricy than the regular 8-gigabit ports Ethernet. But it is quite worth it.
- Good, strong network
- Detects MDI/MDI-X cable automatically
- Can detect the ports that are not being used
- The price may not suit a tight budget
- Has a heavy body.
NETGEAR GS308 Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged Switch
- 8 Gigabit Ethernet ports
- Simple plug-and-play setup with no software to install or configuration needed
- Supports desktop or wall mount placement
- Industry-leading 3-year limited hardware warranty
- Energy efficient design compliant with IEEE802.3az
The GS308 is a compact and solid-built Ethernet. It has the configuration of 8-gigabit ports. The installation process of this model is simple and has absolutely no hassle, just a simple plug-and-play.
The mounting of this model has the privilege of both wall mounting and set desktop mounting. The placement of the switch can cause or prevent the efficiency of the workplace environment.
The next feature is also developed to ensure the working environment is not disturbed, that is the fan-less design. It does not create any sort of noise while running. The energy-saving feature of this model is for saving the operating cost as well as restoring sustainable energy, it is a great go sign, yes?
Netgear offers a 3-year long warranty on this model, so you can be somewhat reassured by that as well.
- Easy configuration and compact build-up
- Saves energy and operational cost
- 3-year-long warranty
- A bit pricey
TP-Link TL-SG1024D Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged Switch
No products found.
This Ethernet has the configuration of 24-gigabit ports. If you are looking for a switch to support a strong small network for professional or commercial use, then this is the device to get. This model is popular amongst its user for its high speed of data transmission. It can also be used for home networks.
This switch is very easy to install, with a simple plug-and-play. The innovative power-saving technology saves up to 20% of sustainable energy. You adjust the switch to Full Duplex mode or to Half Duplex mode according to your need.
It comes with IEEE 802.3x technology flow control of Full Duplex mode and backpressures to switch gear to Half Duplex. The switching capacity of this model is 48Gbps. The additional feature of this model is that it supports auto-learning and aging of MAC addresses.
- Supports IEEE 802.3x for better control of the switch
- 48Gbps gives great switching speed
- MAC address has auto-learning and aging facilities
- The switch keeps searching for the MAC address if a port is not empty.
TRENDnet TEG-S81G Gigabit Desktop Switch
- Plug and Play installation
- 8 x Gigabit ports
- 16 Gbps switching capacity
- Embedded GREENnet technology provides cost savings and reduces power consumption by up to 70%, by limiting port power consumption during periods of low link utilization.
- Fanless design lowers energy consumption and reduces operating noise
This Ethernet is an ideal switch for a small network. It has a compact configuration. The GREENnet technology can save up to 70 percent of energy by limiting the port power when the switch is consuming low data.
The switching capacity of this switch is 16Gbps. The fanless design not only reduces the noise but also lowers the consumption of energy.
- Good for home network
- Good quality Ethernet switch
- Not suited for commercial use
Buyer’s Guide to Unmanaged Gigabit Switch
Here are some things you need to have a look out for when you are going to get an unmanaged gigabit switch.
- Energy Efficient
Unmanaged gigabit switches have energy-saving features that can save consumers up to 70-80%. This feature can reduce operational costs as well.
- Lighting Protection
It is an important feature that will protect the cables if the voltage is volatile in the ports due to uneven energy supplies.
- Push and Play
The configuration of the switch is very simple; you do not need to install any software. Just an easy connection with electricity and you are good to go.
To choose the perfect unmanaged switch for your network you need to decide on the area coverage. The simple configuration of this switch will give you efficiency. The different number of ports available in the switch is very manageable.